Explosive GI issues on Day 5 (TMI. You've been warned.)

Doing my first Whole30, trucking along, feeling good on Day 5, and BAM!  Diarrhea.  And not just any diarrhea.  Out-of-nowhere, explosive, literally-(literally!)-can't-get-to-the-toilet-in time diarrhea.

What?  I mean seriously, where is this coming from?

I'm definitely eating more fruit and vegetables than usual, but enough to make me literally shit my pants?

Not cool, Whole30.  Not cool.

• Moderators

Take some over the counter meds for quick relief. You might need to consider taking digestive enzymes for a while. Some people do not have the right gut bacteria to digest Whole30-style eats efficiently. Diarrhea is one symptom. You might want to review this article: 

http://whole9life.com/2012/09/digestive-enzymes-101/

Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be persistent -- no problems for the last few hours.  I think it may be related to the dietary fat issue -- I've always had lot of issues processing really greasy food.  I've probably been eating more fat than usual (coconut/olive oil and baked proscuitto "chips" this afternoon), so maybe that's what's going on?  Everything else I'm eating is pretty balanced and normal.  Eggs, veggies, fruit (but I don't think I'm overdoing it, maybe 2 - 3 servings a day), seafood, meat, the usual.

Coconut oil can do that, if you haven't adjusted to it! Add in coconut oil very slowly and carefully. I normally eat a fair bit of coconut oil and milk, but I've added a lot more since starting W30. And I had some pretty powerful runs today, so I need to cut back a bit on the coconut. 

Archived