Tiger blood keeping me awake?

I know, this is the opposite of what's supposed to happen.  Day 16 and I've got tiger blood (yeah, baby!) but I'm having trouble falling asleep.  My last meal is 2 - 4 hours before bed (it varies) and follows the meal template.  No exercise in the evenings; I sleep in a dark room; no radio or TV.  One possible issue is that my bedtime varies by an hour or two, but because of work/life it's hard to maintain a stable bedtime.  Plus, my energy has been so high that I'm just not that tired when I get into bed at a normal time.  (Poor me, right?)

Any suggestions?

What you're describing reminds me of my adrenal fatigue issues. I've had some level of recovery by making serious lifestyle changes (retiring from my stressful job) that I was very fortunate to be able to make. One thing that also helped make me drowsy was to drink something called Mio Calm or NaturalCalm. It is a magnesium based hot drink. Some nights I'd have it alone; other nights I'd make some sleepytime/chamomile tea and mix it in that about an hour before bed. Deep breathing also made a difference for me. Sometimes light stretching would help. I also did the other things you mention with TV, dark room, etc. Hope you can solve this one. Sleep is so important to short- and long-term wellness. Good luck.

Archived