April 21 will begin my first Whole30

Ginsky

It's nice to be here and find this gathering of support and information.  I have the book and have begun to prepare my pantry and gather recipes. I originally thought I might start this on May 1st but now have decided to go ahead and begin on the 21st.  That gives me almost another week to finish preparing my mind and my kitchen while still allowing me to be a little carefree at my family's gathering this weekend. 

I have some autoimmune problems but as per a recommendation I read I am doing the regular Whole30 plan instead of the autoimmune version since this is my first time doing this. 

I have a daughter, 18, who will not be doing the Whole30 with me but does understand that I'm not going to be preparing two sets of meals so it will be up to her to make her own rice or potatoes, etc if she wants to have them with meals that I prepare. And of course same goes for all other non-Whole30 compliant items like desserts and other snack foods. 

So now perhaps I should go back over the pantry list and grocery shopping guide to be sure I am off to a winning start! 

Good for you! I am so glad that you have the support of your family. What a great idea to let them know what you need from them at the beginning. I have a feeling your daughter will like eating paleo so much she probably won't bother making extra carbs for herself. Good luck!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to all the support here. 

Our trash goes out tonight so I decided today would be the day to clean out my kitchen.  I'm utterly shocked at the amount of stuff I pulled from shelves.  I filled 3 boxes and half a trash bin and still haven't done the fridge/freezer.  One box is going to be put out of sight while the items in the other two were carefully quarantined to be kept available to my daughter.  I have yet to decide where those items will go.  For the out of sight box, I will unpack it at the end of my journey and decide which things will be kept and which things will go for donation as they may be permanently banned from my home. 

I'm so glad the day is finally here.  I admit, I did not hold back yesterday at the family feast.  My typical breakfast is routinely what turnes out to be a whole30 friendly meal so I don't think I'll notice anything or even feel like I'm in this challenge until later today or maybe tomorrow.  I'm excited.  My journal is prepared and next to me for me to start writing. 

PS: I made mayonnaise and absolutely love it!  I doubt I'll ever go back to store stuff again.  Now it's time to get my lamb in the crockpot so my dinner will be set. 

The mayo is the best! I just started my second Whole 30 today, but even in between my Whole30's, I've incorporated several of the recipes and food items into my normal food consumption -- the olive oil mayo and ranch dressing being two of them!

Archived