Sweet Tomatoes

Mommyof2

Sounds like my family wants to eat here on Easter Sunday. What here is compliant? I'm guessing the salad bar (except for pre-made salads and dressings) Anything else? The soups?

I'm only on day 2 and dying here! I don't know how I will handle other people eating things I want but can't have right in front of me. Ugh.

You can do this!   :D

Get a look at their menu so you can select your meal beforehand.

Start envisioning your visit now... fun conversation, sparkling water

in a fancy glass, grilled steak/fish/chicken/pork (whatever your meat)

with roasted veggies and yes, perhaps a salad.  

If you want, brink a tiny container of ghee, so you can butter up for

decadence (and healthy fat!).   Also, tell your family ahead of time,

so you are not explaining at the dinner table.  Keep the conversation

off of your plate and onto other topics.  

Have fun visiting with your family!   :D

You can do it.  And what I did while navigating my first Whole30 is scour the menu then call the restaurant in off-peak hours and ask the necessary question. That way you know going in what you are going to order and you don't have to worry about temptation.

Wow!  This looks like a minefield.  I just checked their menu online and it appears to be  only a soup and salad bar with pasta dishes and desserts.  I'm not sure what you can do for protein.  Even their soups all appear to contain either legumes, grain, or dairy.  You may need to bring something from home.  I'd call and ask if they are doing something special for Easter, and if not, if they mind you bringing a cooked chicken breast along.

When I eat at Sweet Tomatoes - I bring a pouch of complaint tuna in my purse and dump it on my veggie salad. They do have olive oil that you can use instead of the dressings.   Though, for a salad place, it's a really tough one for Whole30 because they don't do any meats anymore and everything is pre-cooked.

Archived