Starting over with Day 1 tomorrow.

son.et.lumiere

Hi everyone,

My name is Kim. I'm 26 and have two kids, a 2 year old daughter and a 7 month old son. I've been overweight my whole adult life and am having a hard time keeping up with my kids. I was taking medication to increase my milk supply which also empties the stomach and am now back at my 9 months pregnant weight, and I look it. I have IBS, constant brain fog, and am starting to deal with joint stiffness. I have little energy. I've been tired of feeling like crap, so I started the Whole30 four days ago. I had been doing great, and recognizing my cravings as more habit that anything else. I'm really bummed out tonight because I absent-mindedly ate half of a rice cracker off my daughter's plate while tidying up from dinner. I didn't even realize it until a few minutes later. I have been having nightmares about doing this sort of thing! There were a few tears, but I've decided to chalk it up as a learning experience. I've been realizing how much of my eating is out of habit (I don't even like rice crackers very much!). I plan to eat this way for much longer than 30 days, so I guess it's not really much of a setback. It just felt really good to be powering through and eating 100% clean, so I'm a little down about this mess-up. But, looking forward to starting fresh!

It's nice to "meet" you all.

I feel your frustration. I took the tiniest sip of Sprite at the movies on Day 2 because I was holding my son's drink while he was in the restroom. I knew it instantly but swallowed instinctively and the damage was done. It's a challenge for me every day not to lick my fingers or the knife when I make a PB sandwich for my kids.

Keep going and it will get easier to avoid. I'm bad about BLTs (bites, licks and tastes). It will be a good habit to break, but it takes time. Focus on all the GOOD choices you are choosing to make and be proud of yourself.

Have a great Whole30 compliant weekend!

Hi Kim,

I cannot tell you how many times I had to check myself the first few days. I would think - hmm I am gonna have a cup of coffee with cream and then thought oh wait I cannot do that. It has to be even harder when you have children or other family members that you have to feed because they are eating differently than you. Kudos to you for starting all over. Maybe those first few days start with that one little cracker will make the rest of it a little easier. I think you have a great attitude! :)

I wish you the best on your Whole 30 journey. I am on day 14 and it has changed my life.

Thanks so much for the welcome and support, everyone. It's nice to be in an environment where people understand why that little cracker was such a bummer for me. I'm feeling pretty good today, though, and I'm proud of myself for not using my mistake as an excuse to eat other bad foods.

I love the term "BLTs" - so accurate! I have a terrible habit of finishing whatever's on my kids' plates (or just taking a bite). They're gluten-free and eat lots of meat and produce so it's not as bad as it could be, but I need to just have a container for their leftovers. My husband is very supportive so that helps me a lot!

Archived