McJule's Post-Whole 30

mcjule

A little sore from yoga, which is great.  My steps have been good this week too -- in the 12,000 range.  Yay!  Weight is down a bit so that is encouraging too although I think AF is coming today.

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs w/kale, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  leftover chicken and veggie kabobs

Dinner:  spaghetti squash w/sausage and tomatoes

Workout:  weights

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in that AF grossness -- bloated, crampy, etc.  Yuck!  I also had two pieces of chocolate yesterday.  AF definitely brings on the sugar cravings!

Breakfast:   three scrambled eggs w/kale, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  spaghetti squash w/sausage and tomatoes

Dinner:  Thai beef and green beans

Workout:  yoga

Thanks Jen!  Feeling a bit better today.  I had a few salted cashews after lunch yesterday and that definitely helped because of the salt.  I think I need to adjust my diet a bit during the first few days of AF -- I am hungrier and crave salt and sugar.

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs w/kale, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  leftover Thai beef w/green beans

Dinner:  book club, I always tend to overeat so trying to go into it with a calmer mindset!

Workout:  day off, I'm sore and it's probably not going to happen

Weekend was okay.  We had a social event each day and I always feel like my eating at those things is not great.  I tend to overgraze and eat with my eyes as opposed to my stomach so I always feel kind of gross afterward.  I did better at book club on Friday night but there were just too many events.  Next weekend should be better!  Weight is okay, still not back to the low I saw a couple weeks ago, but at the lower end of the range for me.

Lunch:  went out and had a kale salad w/grilled chicken and some seriously spicy dressing

Dinner:  total change of plan and we're going to have to go out because we need to to go to the church after work

Workout: none, sadly I have to miss yoga today because of a work conflict

Happy to be sticking to homemade food today.  Yesterday's lunch was good, dinner was okay, but my stomach often feels not quite right after eating out.  I also had some gluten with dinner last night.  Did not step on the scale because I knew it would be up and would upset my "calm."

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs, fruit, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  spaghetti squash w/tomato sauce (I fear I may be hungry due to a lack of both fat and protein, but I was limited)

Dinner:  chicken breasts, salad

Weight is up, which is yuck.  My eating has been fine though.  

Lunch:  leftover chicken w/rice

Dinner:  spaghetti squash w/sausage, salad

Workout:  yoga

Air conditioning went out AGAIN last night.  So brutal.  Different problem, same result.  I ended up snacking rather than having a real dinner because it was just too hot.  Fixed this morning so moving on . . . 

Lunch:  spaghetti squash w/sausage

Dinner:  unsure

All meh to report unfortunately.  I had a very fun weekend -- we hosted a BBQ Saturday night and then went to one Sunday night.  In preparation I didn't eat a lot during the day but I still feel like I overate (maybe because I was so hungry?) and ended up feeling really yucky both nights.  Weight is also way up.  I'm hoping for a couple days of calm eating before I leave town for a work trip followed by a long weekend with family.  

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs w/kale, leftover new potato salad, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  leftover spaghetti squash w/sausage

Dinner: salad, probably more spaghetti squash w/sausage!

My stomach is still off, my weight is still up, and my allergies are acting up.  Not the best week!  

Breakfast:  mixed fruit, three scrambled eggs w/bacon and kale, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  not sure -- we have a client lunch and I don't know where we're going

Dinner:  leftover spaghetti squash w/sausage and tomatoes, salad

Back from my work trip and family trip.  I feel like I need to detox -- lots of eating and drinking!  I didn't go crazy off-roading although I certainly did off-road some.  It was more just lots of meals out, parties, and wine.  Of course now that I'm home I have social events the next two nights.  But after that I am definitely going back to a more strict form of eating to get my system back in order.  Last week my stomach was really bothering me -- this week it is better, but I'm being careful.

Breakfast:  three eggs w/kale, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  leftover spaghetti squash w/tomatoes and sausage

Dinner:  not sure, going to book club 

Workout:  probably none

My eating today is leaving a lot to be desired.  Client lunch followed by dinner out.

Breakfast:  three eggs w/kale, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  starving so I had chicken breast, new potatoes, salad, and a brownie (meant to have a bite, had the whole thing)

Dinner:  unknown -- I haven't time to peruse the menu of this new place

Workout:  again probably none, but I'm getting in tons of walking

Weight is shockingly down despite my all my not-so-ideal eating of late.  Today I am finally back on track -- no sugar, no alcohol, no gluten.  I would say no eating out but I got home too late last night and didn't have anything that wouldn't have required a lot of cooking so I'm going to  have to grab a salad for lunch today.

Lunch:  salad out w/chicken and walnuts

Dinner:  carrots w/guacamole, large salad, rice spaghetti w/sausage

For some reason I was absolutely famished last night and I ate a big dinner which left me feeling a little too full.  I hate it when that happens and I've never been able to figure why some days I have normal hunger and other days I'm super hungry when I'm eating the same foods!  I am feeling great not eating sugar and alcohol.  

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs w/kale, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch:  again unsure, another client lunch but these have been better than expected as long as I avoid the dessert

Dinner:  ah!  Just realized I forgot to thaw the chicken breasts, I'll do it in the microwave

Workout:  with yoga on hiatus I need to figure this out.  I lifted weights last night so I need a day off today but not sure what else I can do.

I'm embarrassed to fess up about my weekend.  Actually it was just Saturday dinner.  I broke ALL my rules that I had established all of two days earlier.  Had pizza, wine, and a few bites of dessert.  I REALLY struggle when at someone else's house and they have food that you really can't/shouldn't eat.  I didn't want to be a pain and refuse to eat the pizza that they had gotten especially for us so I had some  I actually felt okay that night but not the next day.  The wine and dessert I could have say no to, or at least not had as much, but I didn't.  AF is coming and I'm doing my best to get by!

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  kale salad

Dinner:  sushi 

Workout:  just walking

Feeling yucky on the first day of AF, but trying to eat well to ease the symptoms!

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs w/kale, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch:  salad w/turkey and avocado

Dinner:  Thai beef w/green beans, rice

Workout:  none

I ate a few pieces of candy yesterday.  I'm doing well (during the week that is) with no gluten and no alcohol but I'm struggling with the sugar and I know it's because of AF and the craziness of work right now.  But today is another day!

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch:  salmon and lentils

Dinner:  few bites of leftover pizza, glass of wine, large salad

Workout:  weights (I can't wait for my yoga classes to resume!)

So last night's dinner was not ideal.  I don't know why I am so stupid about gluten.  I had maybe five bites of my kids' leftover pizza and I had stomach cramps all night.  Of course I did because my body hates gluten.  Yet I still occasionally eat it.  I also had wine . . . it's been a long and busy week.

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  salad w/grilled chicken

Dinner:  probably salad with last night's grilled chicken!

Workout:  none

Avoided the gluten and sugar yesterday and my stomach thanked me.  I have to keep in mind that August through October is my busiest time at work and I have kids heading back to school so it's going to be more stressful and calm, wholesome eating is so important to keeping everything balanced.

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  leftover Thai beef w/green beans

Dinner:  spaghetti squash w/sausage and tomatoes, salad

Weekend was good -- eating was better than my usual weekends, not much off-roading at all.  Didn't have gluten, had a little rice and other than that, all on track.  I did tons of walking but no official exercise.  We just got an in-home elliptical trainer so I'm going to try that out tonight.

Lunch:  salad w/chicken

Dinner:  grilled burgers or leftover Thai food

Workout:  elliptical (I hope!  Have to get it set-up)

I did enjoy the elliptical last night!  I did not do a really hard core workout because it was late, but I'm so glad we got it.  

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs w/sausage, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  leftover Thai beef w/green beans and rice (there is barely any meat left so I hope this is enough!), carrots w/baba ganoush

Dinner:  grilled burgers, salad

Workout:  weights, maybe more elliptical

Did not post yesterday because I took the day off to do a lot of errands/appointments that can't be done on the weekend.  I was very productive so that was good.  My weight has been up all week and I can't figure out why.  No AF, no weird eating.  I also went to the grocery store yesterday and completely failed to buy the right things!  I forgot my kale and I have nothing for lunch today.  That's what happens when you shop with children and no list!

Breakfast:  three scrambled eggs, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/coconut milk

Lunch:  going out, but I'm sure I'll get a salad

Dinner:  pork tenderloin, salad

I'm still feeling frustrated that my weight is up this week.  It just doesn't make sense.  I haven't had gluten or sugar . . . have had a little wine, but that doesn't really account for the weight gain.

Breakfast:  three hb eggs, sweet potato w/coconut butter, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  pork tenderloin w/rice

Dinner:  grilled chicken breasts, salad

Workout:  elliptical

Yesterday was so insane with the start of school and lots of other stuff going on that I didn't get to check in.  The weekend was pretty decent eating-wise.  Saturday was good and Sunday was less so.  We had two meals out, one of which was pizza (again, I really struggle with getting together with friends at a restaurant that doesn't really have much that I can eat!).  Tummy paid the price of course (although not the worst post-gluten experience I've had by a long shot).  Weight is still bothering me because it's up a pound or two.  It's very consistent, but consistently not where I want it.  I don't think I'm treating myself too much, but maybe I'm eating more.

Breakfast:  three hb eggs, sweet potato w/coconut butter

Lunch:  leftover Spanish chicken

Dinner:  grilled chicken/veggie kabobs and/or kielbasas from the farmer's market, salad

Weight down a little bit today.

Breakfast:  work breakfast -- eggs, bacon, fruit, few potatoes, coffee w/cashew milk

Lunch:  leftover Spanish chicken

Dinner:  grilled chicken veggie kabobs and/or kielbasas, salad

Workout:  elliptical

Archived