McJule's Post-Whole 30

mcjule

The good:  weight is back down, only 1/2 pound up from pre-Thanksgiving.  Eating is back to calm.

The bad:  it's POURING rain here, SO yucky for commuting and makes it nearly impossible to exercise outside.  Also I'm going to miss yoga today for lunch with a friend (meeting her is a "good" but missing yoga is a "bad").  My yoga classes end next week for the year so this time I really need to make an effort to find some drop-in classes to tide me over!

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling a little bloated today -- not sure why.  I had a salad for lunch and a salad for dinner -- nothing abnormal.  Today is more calm eating.  Work is starting to slow for the holidays so I'm hoping to get more shopping and other things done.  Still waiting to put up our outdoor lights because of the darn rain!  Three days straight of rain and yuck is not fun!

Oh goodness, so here I was planning for the weekend festivities and I was not prepared for the holiday treats in the office!  Yesterday we had fruit (some of it chocolate dipped) and cookies.  I stuck to the fruit but at the end of the day had two small cookies.  Yes, they were small, yes, they were extremely tasty, but I need to be more discriminating because this is going to be a trend over the next couple of weeks!  

Additionally, I haven't been getting enough sleep this week, which I know means my defenses are down.  I skipped the weights yesterday and went to bed earlier.  Today is yoga and more calm eating.

I'm glad for the rain to finally be done.

Yay for yoga!

And yes, having a treats plan is helpful.  I know exactly which homemade treats I will be having over the holiday.  They are special, homemade and really only available at Christmas.  I consider almost all store bought treats not worth it.  But my temptations tend to revolve around alcohol, rather than sweets.

Great advice Sara!  It always helps to plan ahead.  Yoga was hard but good yesterday and weight is down a bit today.  Overall I'm down about two pounds from July, when I was at my post-Whole 30 weight.  I'm pleased but trying not to get too weight obsessed with the holidays coming up.  This week and next are doable, the week after has at least four holiday parties so that will be completely insane.

I think tomorrow's breakfast won't be too tempting.  I went last year and didn't eat and that was fine.  The cookie party will be harder.  I'll have to plan to eat a couple of amazing looking cookies, but not go overboard.  Hard with so many cookies!!

So the weekend was a reminder in how challenging this time of year is to eat right!  It was a blast and the kids loved it.  We had two parties -- both very kid-centric and got our Christmas tree.  At the first party I did well -- there were some savory foods that I could have and I didn't overdo or feel tempted by the sweets.  But then I went to the cookie party and I knew I would have some cookies, and I did.  Probably could have had fewer cookies.  And then you take home cookies so I've had more since then.  Weight is up about 1.5 pounds and I feel kind of yucky.  Need to rid my system of the sweets before the next weekend (two more parties!).

Watching my weight more closely over the holidays not because I'm paranoid but because I know the gain can sneak up this time of year.  I'm only up 1/2 pound from Friday today so that is good news.  Although AF is on her way soon.  

Calm eating yesterday was great and today will be the same.  I have my second to last yoga class of the year so I'm excited about that.  No treats in the office today (thank goodness!).

The treats in the office are going to get me, too, unless I just say no and don't have even one bite.  That's my plan.  Gotta stick with it!  I need to watch things, too.  I'm already at my "winter weight" (which I'm not too happy about) and really don't want to add to that. 

AF is here and I had a late night last night.  I had a dinner with girlfriends (one of them hosted).  It was lovely and my eating was certainly more than usual but not bad overall.  I did stay up way too late though so I'm exhausted.  I really need to get my sleep in order!  I am also home with a sick kid.  Hoping for calm eating today.

Survived yesterday.  Stayed in the house most of the day with my sick son so I didn't move as much as I would have liked but I did get my weights in.  Eating was good -- I was actually a little too hungry but I was trying to make up for the night before.  I am craving sugar since AF is here so I need to keep that in check.  Today should be normal and I have yoga.

Definitely that time of year.  I have a cough myself but nothing bad enough to keep me home.  Glad it's Friday.  I've had way too little sleep and I'm looking forward to sleeping this weekend!  We have two parties again, one Saturday night and one Sunday morning (at church).  I'm hoping neither will be crazy or too tempting but honestly I have no clue what will be served.  I think if I plan to eat healthy stuff during the day before the party and not come starving I should be fine.  

Still have a bit of a cold.  I actually took a three hour nap on Sunday because I was feeling so bad.  Seems to be getting better but with my kids getting sick and the time of year I probably can't avoid it entirely.  

Weight is shockingly at another low today.  I'm down 2.5 pounds from this summer (and my post-Whole 30 low) and probably about 4 pounds for the year.  Eating is pretty decent.  I'm balancing the treats with the healthy food and trying just not to overeat.  The week is going to be a challenge. Two work holiday parties (today and tomorrow) and then two parties Friday night.  Last year I completed avoided the sweets at the work parties and I think I can do that again this year.  I will have a glass of wine (no going overboard because I have to drive home).  I just need to make sure not to overeat.  Same with Friday night parties.

Definitely need to try to get more sleep too.  We had three children's Christmas programs in four days and I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the events in addition to the busyness of the season in general!

Cold is a bit better today and I went to bed early last night, which was such a good idea!  I finally got a decent night's sleep.  First holiday party came and went just fine.  I had some meat, veggies, and a glass of wine, but no desserts or things that would upset my tummy.  Weight is holding.  Second holiday party today and I'm hoping to do the same.  

Well . . . yesterday's parties (yes, there were two) didn't go quite as well.  It's not that I really ate anything that bad, it's just that I ate more than I needed to.  I still feel a little full!  I also had several glasses of wine.  Clean eating today and tomorrow up until the next duo of parties.  Onward and upward!

Yesterday didn't go quite as planned.  I was so intent on eating "clean" that I packed only a salad for lunch and then got hungry.  And what is in the office?  Cookies.  So I had some. I didn't go crazy but I also didn't need sugar and wheat.  I felt kind of icky and weight is still up (no surprise there).  Two holiday parties tonight . . . trying to keep my eating in check and be very picky about what I choose.  This is the last of the parties but family arrives Sunday so that's another eating challenge!

Finally have a second to check in.  So the holiday parties/last week of school craziness worked out fine.  I did pretty well at the parties -- had wine but my eating was good.  Sampled dessert but didn't go crazy.  Weight yesterday was good.   Then yesterday my family arrived in town and we had Thai for lunch (rice noodles) and chicken, potatoes, and salad for dinner.  And wine.  No dessert or gluten but still felt very full when I went to sleep and weight was up two pounds this morning.  Yuck.  I don't want to feel like this over the holidays!  I'm worried that there is just too much eating coming up over the next few days.  I'm also sleeping horribly although last night wasn't bad.  I've been getting about six hours a night, which is killing.  Trying to maintain normal with houseguests and lots of upcoming family meals!

Archived