What kind of bacon is okay?

For breakfast I like to have some steamed spinach, a fried egg in ghee, and 2 strips of bacon.  I have been buying the uncured, no additives, no preservatives. Is this bacon okay on the whole 30?

Any other ideas for a protein in the morning?

Haren.13 is correct. Only bacon without sugar, sweetener or other non-compliant ingredients is acceptable on a Whole30.

There are countless protein options at your first meal. Beef, chicken, eggs and fish are among the choices.

Pedersens makes a sugar-free bacon which is available at Whole Foods. U.S. Wellness Meats also has one that's popular here. Other than that, just try to make friends with other meats at breakfast. I've put homemade tomato/meat sauce on an onion, pepper & zucchini omelette; it seemed less like hamburger for breakfast and more like an Italian omelette.

Sugar Free bacon is hard to find.

I like to make up a pound of ground pork, turkey, or lamb with Well Fed's Sunrise seasoning or the seasonings from the Scotch Egg Recipe.  I just cook the ground meat without shaping it into anything when I'm in a rush.  It lasts for 4 meals and I have it with an egg and some veggies.

• 1 month later...

Sugar free bacon is a tough one. I found Naked Bacon. It's a super bacon! nice thick slices and a Sugar-Free variety. It's my all time breakfast go to! Nakedbaconco.com is the webpage. They ship it to me. love it!!

Archived