FSW whole-30 - take 2.

So after realising I have a really important month with exams, 10k run, busy at work etc I have decided i'm going to full commit to another whole30 to give my body the treatment and kindness it deserves. On a slightly vainer note I also have a summer ball to go to 30 days from today...

Day one!

Breakfast (7am)

2 palms beef mince with mushrooms, 'thumb' of cashew butter, vegetables (butternut squash, courgettes, carrots, brocolli)

Lunch (midday)

2 x turkey breasts, vegetables (left over from breakfast), thumb of cashew butter 

(bad headache kicked in after lunch so I just went and bought these) hazelnuts and a banana. Wish I'd boiled some eggs this morning, would be handy right now to have some more protein!

• Moderators

Congrats on making the commitment!

FWIW, after observing many of your previous posts on the forum, I think what will be key for you is making sure any snacks you reach for actually fit the template. In other words, fewer nuts and fruit and more mini meals until you find you don't need them anymore. That will be the most effective route to fat adaption which more than likely will address most of your other complaints as well.

Dinner was

beef cooked in olive oil, spinach, courgettes, mushrooms with some cashew butter (strange combination!) fear not - I have since restocked on avocados and sweet potatoes :lol:

mini victory, didn't have enough fat for breakfast (7am) so hungry now (10.30am), went to the shop and bought some sardines, carrot batons and sunflower seeds. Mini meal success! :)

• Moderators

mini victory, didn't have enough fat for breakfast (7am) so hungry now (10.30am), went to the shop and bought some sardines, carrot batons and sunflower seeds. Mini meal success! :)

I hope you realize how HUGE this is! Go grurl!!

aww thankyou! :) 

went to have my lunch at 12 out of habit, then listened to my body and realised i wasn't hungry, so I left most of it to eat later too. Normally I would have eaten it anyway..

I ate my breakfast at 6.45am this morning, it's now coming up 10am and I'm already starving. I had beef mince, bacon, 2 fried eggs, a small sweet potato with spinach, kale, cabbage and brocolli. 

Sadly I'd run out of avocados so the next best thing I could sort for fat was some eggs, not ideal but better than nothing.

hungry hungry hungry, don't think I had enough veggies for breakfast, d'oh, but then I went for a 10k run last night so my body might be a bit hungry...

made homemade soup yesterday, as well as mayo and avocado dressing. yum :)

Did you eat after your run last night? Definitely could be why you are more hungry today. I have days where I am much more hungry. The solution. Eat. Eat a mini meal. It is alright. Feed your body. Make sure you are really hungry first (not thirsty or bored) and if you are just eat.

thanks :) i did eat after my run. According to my tracker I burnt about 930 calories though so maybe I needed to eat more!

Archived