pickles & olives

Tink03

I was at my local Farmer's Market last weekend there was a guy there selling pickles and olives.....his pickles had Yellow #5 and sugar and some other chemically sounding things I didn't recognize.   I'm not sure what Whole30 says about food coloring, but I've avoided it for years.

I wouldn't touch them, and call them a no-no.  Pickles don't need artificial food coloring.... and at a farmer's market, too.  UGH.  We don't consume artificial colors and flavors either, and haven't for years since my oldest has ADHD.  We went organic and non-GMO.

I bought kosher dills from Trader Joe's. with no sugar, preservatives, colors, etc.  Same with the garlic stuffed green olives.  Sometimes I just cut up Persian cucumbers and throw them in to vinegar for a few days :)

Hope that helps!

Pickles don't need artificial food coloring.... and at a farmer's market, too.  UGH.  

It's a pet peeve of mine when people sell things at the farmers market that are no different than what you can get at a conventional grocery store or at the mall.  

"I don't want your pickles with food coloring!"

"I don't want your conventional tomatoes from Florida."

"I don't want your jewelry."

"I DO want your pasture raised duck eggs!!"

"I DO want your locally grown Swiss chard!!"

"I DO want your sugar and nasty stuff-free grass fed beef jerky!!"

Archived