getting back to whole

Today I ate

two amazing egg muffins, mango and blueberries, coffee

tuna with mayo over shredded chard and sliced tomatoes topped with a few Greek olives, almonds, strawberries

water

grass fed burger patty topped with half an avocado, roasted broccoli with mayo, grapes

Feeling the glow today. People told me I looked beautiful. So comfy in my skin.... eating like this makes my cells hum. I like the way my clothes are fitting. I still have weird food dreams. Sleeping great. Tomorrow is the last day of school. I'm going to wear a cute, slim black dress to my daughters 5th grade promotion, I'm excited! I felt great today. Rode a friends horse for about ten minutes, no other formal exercise.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

You live on a ranch, have access to the beach, have access to the forest... need a farm hand?  I'm kinda short so I'm not too good at stacking hay in the mow but I can shovel manure ;)

littleg, truly I am blessed! I love my lifestyle and California is tough to beat. Come on up and I'll happily put you to work!

Yesterday I ate

an amazing egg muffin, grapes and blueberries, coffee

grass fed patty, steamed broccoli, strawberries, cucumber

teriyaki chicken skewer, mixed vegetables

Dinner was a disaster. Yesterday was very full and busy with fifth grade graduation, lawn party BBQ, get together at a local winery, then pool party then barn time. I avoided all manner of junk... the hardest being a single serving bundt cake from a local bakery (I have a weakness for frosting). Also was eyeing the wine and other alcoholic offerings - after all it was the last day of school!! But in general I haven't drank for almost five years and didn't want a blip before my 30 days. Daughter wanted Chinese for her graduation dinner... it was sub par and most certainly off plan, and so I'm still aiming for keeping this up until August! I asked for an iced coffee and they made me a frappichino! God only knows what was on the vegetables either. Blaming probable MSG for my morning fog.

Today I ate

An amazing egg muffin, coffee

The last egg muffin, almonds, pineapple, coconut butter

Steamed salmon with mayo, chard sauteed in bacon grease, three slices bacon, some raisins with walnuts, coffee

Cowgirl workout: deep cleaned the barn today, swept all the mats and worked hard for a couple of hours. Made my farrier some banana bread. Made pancakes and scrambled eggs to go with the rest of dinner for daughter and husband. Enjoyed my salmon with delicious freshly made mayo. I like to use lemon for the acid, it makes it so light and yummy.

Today is Day 27. Time went really fast! I'm thinking about my Day 31. I will definitely weigh myself on this day. I also have a little Paleo banana bread I'm planning to make and eat. Then I'll get back on for another 30.

Food for today:

Natural beef hot dog, cucumber avocado hb egg with balsamic

Salmon and mayo, sauteed kale

Walnuts and raisins, cucumber with salsa and kalamata olives, coconut butter, strawberries

A lot of coffee today, and too many fruits and nuts. Tempted by daughters peanut butter cookies. Made quesadillas for the family but did not appeal.

Food for today

amazing egg muffin, coffee

salmon with mayo, kale, cucumber, red pepper, coconut butter, raisins, sparkling water

cashews, almonds, strawberries, beef jerkey (my favorite is by Prather Ranch - Cowboy Jerkey, it is sweetened with pineapple juice), coconut water

A hodge podgey day, felt very snacky and then totally tired for the last two days. Took impromptu naps both afternoons. I think it's my lack of exercise and not eating enough starchy vegetables. Cubed and steamed a couple sweet potatoes for tomorrow, we will see if that helps. Meal three was consumed at the movies. So amazing that I didn't want anything there... even the popcorn didn't smell that great, especially knowing the horrible chemicals they put in it.

Yesterday I ate:

amazing egg muffin, coffee

teriyaki chicken tenderloins, cucumber red pepper and carrots with guacamole, iced tea

big hot dog with mustard, steamed green beans with mayo, sweet potato fried in bacon grease, cashews almonds strawberries and grapes, two teriyaki chicken tenders

Automatic eating after dinner. Not hungry but wanting to chew. Not tempted by the chips my friend brought with the guacamole... I can do this. Tomorrow is Day 30. Day 31 I have a date with my husband! I plan to loosen up a little this day.

Feeling really lazy and guilty about not exercising. I know I need to fit something into my newly freed schedule. Yesterday I paddled in the pool for about an hour total.

Food for today

*egg over easy, coffee, carrots and cucumber

*cold chicken and green beans dipped in mayo, almonds and grapes

*double burger with tomato pickle and bacon wrapped in lettuce; almonds, walnuts and grapes

Rode my daughters horse for an hour. Craving carbs! Wanted daughters French toast sticks. Munched through all remaining nuts in the cupboard. One more day! Not going to blow it now.

Near the end of my first w30 and into the second, I was feeling tired and snacky. It was pointed out to me that I wasn't eating enough. I adjusted and felt better.

Are you getting enough in the morning? A serving of eggs is what you can hold in your hand (usually 3-4 for most people). How many egg muffins are you having (ie, how many eggs per muffin).

The sweet potato should help, too!

Thank you Kmlynne! You are right, I am not eating enough in the morning or soon enough... two muffins would be better, and I could have some fruit with it, that would probably help me cut back on evening fruit consumption. I was actually craving the sweet potatoes, ha ha! I ate a huge portion that first night and will add them to my breakfast this morning.

Today is my last day, Hooray! I will post again later tonight or in the morning. Tomorrow will be a relaxed day (sticking to Paleo/gluten free) with just a couple treats that I've been looking forward to making. This has been a really fun Whole 30 and I can't wait to keep going.

I did it! I actually lost track of the days, lol... Tuesday would have been day 30, not yesterday. So weighing myself and going a little off-road yesterday was okay after all.

Food for yesterday:

two egg muffins, sweet potato, green beans with mayo

Chicken tenders, green beans and sweet potato with mayo

carrots, cucumber and red pepper with avocado, two homemade cheese and chili tamales, a cup of gluten free seed crackers, three homemade peanut butter cookies (stale and not good)

I think I miss a "dry crunch" eating sensation on the Whole 30, like one gets with chips or cookies. I need to find a good way to supply that on my next journey but not with nuts, which happened this time. I'm too lazy to make kale chips and too cheap to buy them, lol!

The scale says I have lost eight pounds, which is about standard for me on the 30. Clothes are fitting better but my skinniest jeans are still too skinny. I'd like to release about ten more pounds before my birthday in August. I know I'm going to have to exercise to get that to happen! Ugh! Lol.

Super happy with my results. Today I will have my "treat" banana bread and tomorrow starts the next thirty.

I think I miss a "dry crunch" eating sensation on the Whole 30, like one gets with chips or cookies. I need to find a good way to supply that on my next journey but not with nuts, which happened this time. 

Congrats on your results!

Have you tried jicama?  I love raw sticks: either plain, or mixed with lime juice and chili powder - yum.  For me, it's a perfect crunch.

Here's a thread from earlier this year on crunchy Whole30 options. http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/15301-crunchies/

Archived