Does a small slip up mean I have to start over again?

So I'm on day 3 and I'm not sure whether I need to start again so let me just explain my situation.

First day I was fine, I ate properly as per the guidelines with lots of water. Second day wasn't as successful despite me having to fend off all the evil foods I encountered (this meant I HAD to miss out on my favourite homemade creamy pumpkin soup and opt for chicken soup instead) But I had two small pieces of a frenchstick with my soup and two small glasses of vodka and oj. Today has been fine except I was offered the cone of my daughters ice cream and ate it TOTALLY FORGETTING about the plan! I feel so bad and disappointed in myself that its only day three and I can't curb my habits. Do I have to start again? Or can I just keep going? I'm still actively drinking water and eating my veges protein and fats but I feel like these small slipups are only going to get worse if I don't discipline myself which I have a hard time doing when it comes to foods. Also I'm the only one in my household doing this plan so nobody really motivates me to keep the discipline up. I really want this to work and I want to prove that I can do it to myself even more but I'm finding it hard! Please help!

But I had two small pieces of a frenchstick with my soup and two small glasses of vodka and oj. Today has been fine except I was offered the cone of my daughters ice cream and ate it TOTALLY FORGETTING about the plan! I feel so bad and disappointed in myself that its only day three and I can't curb my habits. Do I have to start again? Or can I just keep going? 

I think you know the answer. The answer is both. You DO have to start over. The whole30 requires 100% compliance for a reason and you haven't been doing that yet. You DO get to "just keep going"...you just get to keep going for a bit longer than you originally thought: 33 days now.

Moderator Tom has been describing the whole30 as a trial run of eating healthy, that is long enough to make sure you feel the benefits. The whole30 is not a diet where you can just stop after day 30: day 30 is the beginning where you figure out how to take what you have learned and start making choices for yourself in the real world. If you skip out on the 100% compliance part, you won't be giving your body time to heal from inflammation caused by these foods. You won't be able to test and see which ones work for you and which ones don't. You won't be addressing your personal issues with food. Basically the whole30 without 100% compliance is not the whole30, so if you want to do the whole30 just brush yourself off and start again, day 1. you can do this!

If you're not finding support at home, you can certainly find support here. Set up your own log at the Your Whole30 Log forum and write down what you're eating everyday. You can also add how much you drink, any exercise you do, as well as how you're feeling and anything else you want to say. People will offer you suggestions and encouragement in your log. This is a good way to feel supported, and also accountable to others, which may help you with your Whole30. Good luck!

Archived