Help - Work function

djoyce

Help!!!

I am leaving my home position at work for a temporary placement at another office and my work location is looking to have a staff meeting before I leave with a goodbye celebration.  I am very humbled that they have identified that I am "eating differently" and did not just plan to have a cake like everyone else when they take developmental opportunities.

They asked for something that they could do at a group meeting that is on my plan.  I may decide to make something and bring to my own "Goodbye" celebration but they did ask what they could buy.

I am asking for advice on a purchased (store bought) food item that they could buy that would be on plan (W30) that would not provide hardship for cooking, or serving. What is a realistic "Goodbye Cake" equivalent on the Whole30 Plan that works in a group setting?

Thoughts appreciated.  I am currently on day 37 of my 5th Whole30!!!

Cheers

DJ

If they're just looking for snack-stuff fruit and veggies would be the best option I think.

If they meant to have an actual meal, you could always explain that you don't want it to be a burden on them and that you'd be happy to bring in something to share with everyone.  Everyone else can still bring in whatever as long as they understand that you probably can't eat it and that they shouldn't take it personally.

Two of my coworkers are moving on to better positions soon so we had a pizza party yesterday, and the one girl who is leaving is currently on a cleanse so she and I were the only ones who didn't eat the pizza.  We still had a great time chatting with everyone while eating our own food.  There were of course a couple comments at first (I work mostly with women) but I just explained that I don't eat gluten and they left it alone.

I once had co-workers bring in a tray of apples, bananas and those Justin's almond butter packets for me (alongside the typical bowls of m&ms and snack mix and so on). That was fine, and easy for them to manage. A veggie tray, olives and nuts also work in those settings.

Archived