Modified food starch in canned chicken

Nessaldc

What the heck is modified food starch? I have a 2 year old about to wake up from a nap and I can't find it in the book or online. Is it ok or not? It doesn't sound ok but I wanted to make sure. I mean it's just supposed to be chicken right? :/

When in doubt, throw it out. 

Modified starch, also called starch derivatives, are prepared byphysicallyenzymatically, or chemically treating native starch to change its properties. Modified starches are used in practically all starch applications, such as in food products as a thickening agentstabilizer oremulsifier; in pharmaceuticals as a disintegrant; as binder in coated paper. They are also used in many other applications.

Basically, it's some sort of crap.

Never mind!!! I finally found the search option on my phone. Ughhhh guess I'll just grill. I was hoping for a fast lunch today. I'm on day 6 and just have no energy to cook anything today. Yesterday I could have cooked all day and still has energy left over. Oh well just gotta get through today.

• Moderators

Modified food starch is one of those additives that has a high likelihood of being produced from an off plan food, so it is best to avoid. And really, who wants to eat chicken injected with cheap veggies to make it plumper and moister?

Archived