ISO crowd-pleaser salad

starxlr8

I'm feeling anxiety about an extended family meal this weekend (noon on Sunday) where I know there will be zero compliant options. (Their idea of fruit is jello and the only vegetables are buttered corn or white potatoes in some sort cheesy casserole.) 

My plan right now is to snack on some chicken apple sausage in the car on the way and then bring a big crowd-pleasing salad to share... and serve as my entree. 

I've gotten as far as spinach + strawberries + pecans... what else could I add to it? I'm thinking this orange poppyseed dressing.

Any completely different ideas of something that would go over well are also appreciated. 

There is a good chance there will be grilling, but no way to know if it will be going when we get there. Sometimes they've cooked all the meat and shut it down when we show up. 

I really don't want to make a big deal about the way I'm eating, because I'd rather not have to explain it and get into an hour-long conversation about food, diet, and weight loss. 

@CaGirl We're leaving at 10:30am so it is likely I'll have a full breakfast between 9 and 10. My thought was that I'd be eating the protein part of my meal as a first course. 

Guest WholeStanley

Could you take some canned salmon or mackeral to add to your salad when you get there? That way you don't need to eat in the car and can just wait to have your M2 once you've arrived?

That italian salad looks delish @bellewannabe17 but no way these folks would eat it. Makes me want a spiralizer though!

I really like the idea of a crispy proscuitto on there @Boykinbaby. 

I ended up doing spinach, strawberries, crispy prosciutto, and pecans toasted in coconut oil and cinnamon with orange poppyseed dressing. It went over great and as expected, there was not a thing I could eat. 

Archived