30 day no complaining challenge

drtracyb

Thought I'd start a thread here - I read this article:

http://whole9life.com/2014/03/article-sucks-can-go-just-one-day-without-complaining/

whole9life.com/2014/03/article-sucks-can-go-just-one-day-without-complaining/

and it resonated with me so I am doing a 30 day no complaining challenge with my July whole 30. 

Wondered if anyone wants to tag along?  I am finding I am having a huge dialogue in my head but have kept my mouth shut so far, today was day 1.

Tracy

Thanks for that fantastic idea/link. This is absolutely amazeballs! I'm all for spreading the ponies and rainbows.

Count me in, I'm all up for the challenge ("think before you talk" - I'm sure that sounds easier than it's done *lol*)!

Are you gonna use some sort of "reminder" (like the elastic around your wrist they mention)? I suppose it's really easy to forget or not even notice you're complaining about little things during the day, so some kind of help to stay aware of the goal/challenge might be of great help, especially at the beginning.

I don't have anything to remind myself but goofed one time this morning and realized it immediately.  I think this challenge is going to "change my relationship with" my husband, as there are a lot of things he does that bug me.  Day 2 of no complaining and going strong.

I'm in.

I try to do this but what helps instead of viewing it as no complaining, when I have a legit gripe (or in my mind a legit one), I reframe my thoughts in my head (not out loud) to positive ones. i.e. Today sucks, all i'm doing is running the kids back and forth, house stuff and bills. Instead, I quickly realize and think in my head. Wow, you are so lucky you are able to be free enough to drive the kids around to the thing YOU (as in ME) signed them up for, be able to do household chores in between and have the means to pay the bills.

Definitely grounds you.

No complaining faltered today when I found out my husband bought my Paleo kids McDonalds chicken nuggets for dinner last night.  He's back to not believing that Paleo does anything for the kids, and the sabotage of all my work, well, I just didn't know how not to complain.  I am heartbroken - my children are "altered", living life on bipolar highs, when I lose control of their diet.  I just can't get my husband to get over his own sense of being overwhelmed by our situation to stick to the diet - because, as we know, it is hard.

Tomorrow is a new day. 

Ugh, so sorry to read this. I wonder if your husband truly believes that Paleo eating does nothing for your children (especially given your most recent successes with them), or if this is just the story he chooses to tell himself to make it ok, in his mind, to buy them McDonald's?

I wish I had a solution for him to be on the same page as you on this matter. Recognizing that, in the moment, Paleo may not always be the quickest and most convenient, but the outcome is happier and calmer kids and household.

New slate, indeed.

Thanks.  Today I had the day off and spent the day at the pool he brings them to when I am not with them.  I found compliant foods at their grill - ordered a kids hamburger, no bun no cheese.  There also was a brunch there while we watched the World Cup (it is a swim club) so I found a nice mix of fruits, eggs, sausage and bacon for them.  The whole thing went well.

Funny - well, not so much - I found out the other day that my daughter has been sneaking the Melatonin Gummies as treats.  So perhaps my little angels were really sedated little angels.  Goes to show you that medicine should not be in the form of candy.  I noticed it when a two month supply of gummies was almost gone after a week.

Archived