Post whole30 frustrations

I did my first Whole30 a year ago. Mostly I did it because it was healthy but I also wanted to get rid of my stomach bloat. I did great on it and felt good. However, after I went off I noticed that my measurements slowly started creeping up, even though I had changed a lot of how I ate compared to before the Whole30. So I did another Whole30 in September. Again, had good results and felt great. My frustration is that I keep creeping up on measurements since my first Whole30 even though I eat way better than I ever did prior. It's frustrating. My hubby says it's all the fat I am eating, but I have read so many things that say that fat does not make fat. But there is no denying that I keep gaining inches (mostly on my thighs, so much so that I have had to buy new jeans), or do another round of Wholesomething to try to keep it down. It really makes me wonder what it is that is causing this.

Guest WholeStanley

Have you measurements been creeping up when you're on the whole30 or only when you finish? Or all the time?

If you lose the bloat/weight/fat while you are doing the Whole 30, then it must be something you're adding back in when you're "off".

The problem is possibly that you are eating per the template PLUS the extra something(s). The template is the right amount of food to eat, so when you eat things on top of that, you can end up over consuming calories.

Archived