Sushi?

AngelaC

My favorite foods are not fast food, or pizza etc. But I do love some sushi! I guess the only things would be in question would be the nori seaweed which is used in handrolls. The only ingredient says : Seaweed/Algue. I usually have places make me hand rolls without rice and then fish (usually salmon and tuna - raw) and then filled with cucumbers and avocado. Obviously no rice, and no soy sauce...I need to find coconut aminos!

I know some places package seaweed snack packs that contain other thing, but if I am simply using regular seaweed sheets is this ok?!

Thanks so much! That is exactly why I just stick to what I know and love, the Tuna and Salmon. Amazing that I can still enjoy one of my favorites!

The way you plan to have sushi is fine.

Watch out for crab meat: many places use imitation crab meat, and that commonly contains gluten.

• 1 year later...

Just to clarify... I can go out for sushi so as long as I make sure to order my sushi completely raw, no rice, or imitation meat.  Is the Wasabi ok? Is there a soy sauce alternative I can use with the sushi? 

Is the Wasabi ok? Is there a soy sauce alternative I can use with the sushi? 

Wasabi probably not. Some really high end places use fresh grated horseradish, which would be fine, but the usual light green paste has other stuff in it (like cornstarch, I think?). Some people use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce (it's a bit sweeter in flavor). I prefer fresh lemon.

Archived