Breakfast for fisherman? Hubby questions

Lynn L

My husband has seen that I am pretty happy on my Whole 30 journey. So he is beginning to look into it. His biggest issue is that he likes to go fishing early in the morning. Usually he would just have a protein bar, then a snack and then lunch on the way home is a sandwich in the truck. He doesn't like cold meatballs or cold egg casserole. Can you recommend "cold" foods that are portable and that don't have to be reheated? I know we had some truckers out there who would be in the same boat. Thank you for your suggestions.

• Moderators

I can prepare and eat scrambled eggs and cold sauerkraut (my typical breakfast) in no more than 15 minutes, so I think eating in the car is a choice and not a necessity. The portable food I carry with me most often is a can of tuna and a baked sweet potato. I like my sweet potato cold, but it is not a problem to leave a sweet potato at room temperature for hours before eating it. 

If he feels he must eat on the road, my typical breakfast of hard boiled eggs, cold steamed broccoli and cut up red and yellow bell pepper would travel quite well. Cold roast beef, steamed or raw carrots or green beans, cherry tomatoes, cold roasted sweet potato cubes are also good. Any of the above works for lunch as well. Guacamole packs or a baggie of nuts or olives could work for added fat.

My husband has seen that I am pretty happy on my Whole 30 journey. So he is beginning to look into it. His biggest issue is that he likes to go fishing early in the morning. Usually he would just have a protein bar, then a snack and then lunch on the way home is a sandwich in the truck. He doesn't like cold meatballs or cold egg casserole. Can you recommend "cold" foods that are portable and that don't have to be reheated? I know we had some truckers out there who would be in the same boat. Thank you for your suggestions.

What about deviled eggs?

Archived