gas + bloating from cooked veggies

Does anyone else get gas, bloating, and inflammation from eating cooked vegetables, especially cruciferous ones? I LOVELOVELOVE steamed and roasted veggies, but the side effects are unbearable! I am taking digestive enzymes and they don't help much. Any suggestions?

Yes - I have had this.

I have addressed it 2 ways

I cut back on them for a bit, and when I did eat them I made sure I also had a side of sweet potato or other starchy carb.  It some how made the digestion go easier.

This could be a symptom of having a sensitivity to goitgotrens (cruciferous veggies).  Do you have issues with IBS?  If so you might consider doing a lower FODMAP version of the whole 30.

Thanks for the suggestions! That's interesting about the starchy carb combo...wonder why that is?

While my gut is very inflamed, I don't think I have IBS. I have considered trying low FODMAPS but honestly, the complexity of it all scared me  :wacko: Also, there are many foods on the "avoid" list that don't seem to cause me problems, so that was another reason I dismissed it. What's more, I seem to tolerate raw veggies of all kinds just fine - the problem only arises when they're cooked.

Archived