Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Just now, drtracyb said:

MeadowLily - off topic, but as a former lurker member of the original Dirty Thirty, can you perhaps help me find someone from the group who is doing the January Whole30?  I'd love to join a forum that has some names I might recognize.

Tracy

Write a message to Higs, she can steer you towards a group she'll be in. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good CEO of their own demain can't have all creative employees on board.  You need someone who can do an actual spreadsheet.  A nice blend of everyone is the best mix.

It's the same way when we manage ourselves.  All head and no action won't get you there. All body and no brain burns out. All spirit and no body...you're living in another dimension.

Finding balance is not as easy as it seems. Deprivation is the mother of failure and over-restriction, over-researching, over-thinking is a driver.  

One day, I met a particular Mission Creep in traffic. I needed to make a turn at the stoplight.  MC was holding UP traffic so that I could turn in front of their vehicle but I refused.

I made my stand. Paw taught me to always wait for the oncoming vehicles to pass because there's absolutely no guarantee that another vehicle will not come racing around, bouncing in and out of the cars and bust through the intersection.  

Preserve yourself, Felicias.  At all costs. It only takes one lapse in attention.

So I sat there with a long string of cars behind me.  The light changed again and the Mission Creep was waving me on.  I would've sat there all day long.  There was no way that I was going to let someone else be in the driver's seat of my life.

Finally,  MC drove on and I kept staring straight ahead. I didn't look to the left or right or into those eyeballs. Noooo. 

I would still do the same thing today. I wouldn't change a thing. It was empowering for me. I didn't have to eat anymore dirt sandwiches from that point on. 

Stand your ground. Defend your pea patch. Don't let the bullies get you down. 

Much Love.  Felicias. 

That was the day I ruled my own world.

Related image

The temp is just a tad below freezing so I'm bundling Up and taking it back outside.

After that day, I made a decision to quit looking around. For real. I was a singleton for years.  Then the one  blew into my life like TNT.

Everything was completely different and the folkaronies really liked this one. That was a first and everything clicked on all cylinders.  When you stop looking, the Universe sends you the one.

I can still remember when our eyes met. Lightning strikes. Maybe once.  Seldom twice.

The packaging was all different and our brains lit up like a pinball machine. We both blather and foam at the mouth.  I can't get a word in edgewise even while I'm talking to you. There's someone who likes to yammer in my ear at the same time.  

I think, yammer, write and edit all within 15 minutes. Then my post disappears.  I'm headed back outside with my snowshoes. Time to blow the cabin fever off.    

You can build your metabolism. 

I call it my Metabolism Bank. 

When you eat right and find exercise that you enjoy, doing all of it on your own terms...the metabolism builds UP.

As with my Positive Food Management Plan,  you'll have to be consistent.

When you bounce in an out of eating multi-crap and exercise wildly in giant month hunks and then lay back in the weeds, you will mess up your metabolism.

It's not what you do some of the times, it's what you do most of the time that matters. 

Looking after yourself is the key to healing and a new beginning.

I have come to learn that the harder things are in your life the healthier you need to be.

This is  # One.

We need the company of others.  Spend time with your friends and family and Felicias. 

The top and bottomline for me is finding activities that you enjoy.  Doing anything you don't want to do just in the name of weight "loss" will get you nowhere good. 

If you're just working on weight "loss"...rebound weight gain will be found.  Maintenance or weight  stability will be really, really tough if you're doing all things in the name of weight "loss".

The Metabolism Bank.  After about 10 days of laying back in the weeds and coasting on your laurels, you're making more withdrawals than deposits.   Eventually, the Metabolism Bank is depleted.  bad luck crazy rabbit

Are you a self-motivator? You can learn to make deposits into your Metabolism Bank.   No one can do this for you.  Eventually, the Felicias fly over the coop or travel on. Your friends and family are worn out with food and exercise talk.  Some of them are plugging their ears or tuning you out.

But we must keep making deposits and banking on ourself. Remember, the old hands will kick the props out from underneath you on the job.  They have their own official duties to take care of.

Cowboy UP!  Or go sit in the truck.

Image result for photos cowboy up or go sit in the truck

If you build your Metabolism Bank,  it is possible to dip your toes back into the sugary sharky waters now and again without getting your toes bitten off.  

It doesn't work that way for me because of  T2 history and food addiction recovery. sharky-smiley.gif?1292867670

If you're fit as a fiddle, there are things you can get away with some of the time.  But throw any other health factors in there and you start making more withdrawals than deposits into the Metabolism Bank. 

The harder things are in your life the healthier you need to be.

Number One. 

If you've been coasting on your laurels from Thanksgiving to New Year's, it's possible the Metabolism Bank is getting close to bankruptcy.   shark-attack-smiley.gif?1292867670

Many use Thanksgiving as a license to go on a thrill eating bender for 40 days and 40 nights. Then start a brutally strict diet on New Year's. Wild Swings UP and down.  Radical exercise programs and what that does to your heart every year catches up with you. 

Think gentle changes for the permanent WIN.  

Metabolism Bank and weight stability.  It affects every other area of your life. 

The Goodwill Bank.

Make deposits into your Goodwill Bank.  When we compromise, we run out of goodwill.

The more deposits you make into your Goodwill Bank, the more you'll have to give. 

If multi-crap should hit the fan, you'll be less likely to fall apart. Daily deposits will ensure that your well won't ever run dry. 

The Goodwill Bank is filled with safety deposit boxes. Every one of them comes with a key that unlocks all of the mysteries and secrets and chambers of your heart. 

We have a southern fried New Year's Eve dinner going on. Bear went ice fishing. There's fresh trout, black-eyed peas (southern tradition), homemade coleslaw, a pear/apple salad (fresh greens and pecans for a decoration). He loaded up the folkaronies share for dinner and hauled it over. It's cold and snowy.

We're going to do the Texas-two-step to my fave New Year's Eve song, Neon Moon. Swoony. Moony.  I'll be swilling apricot and coconut La Croix's and having a big ole time.  Happy New Year's.

Catch you on the flipflop.

Much love. Felicias.  

If you're going to hoot with the hoot owls at night - you better be able to fly with the eagles in the morning.

You can't change your life until you change something you do daily. 

The secret of success is your daily  routine. 

If you are persistent you will get it.

If you are consistent you will keep it. 

There's no such thing as a Whole 365.

If you eat even one non-compliant item in a 365 days, that Whole 30 is over.  If you eat one non-compliant item in 30 or 60 or 90 days, that negates a Whole 30.  It's over.

The Whole 30 is 30 days. 

I've only completed one Whole 30 with a Slow Roll Reintro.  

One Whole 30 for diagnostic testing and a Food Reset. 

I believe that one compliant Whole 30 of 30 days is the way to go. Every day that goes by the ground gets hotter for one non-compliant item to enter into the picture.

It can all go sideways.....30 days are best.

Give yourself the test.

On the first part of the journey, I was looking at all of life. 

There were plants and birds and rocks and things and siggies filled with long month hunks of time.

I thought that was the way. After a time, it began to feel like a competition or contest.  Who could really go the distance. I wore my stats like a badge of honor...but my spirit knew that was turning the Whole 30 into another dieting contest.  My body and mind would be the biggest loser.

I deleted those stats and I feel so much better. This is not a weight loss challenge. We're not in competition with one another.  

Whole 30 is a judgment free zone.  

We have to assess ourselves as an individual rather than a mindless diet and exercise routine.

If have completed several Wash. Rinse. Repeat cycles of secretly dieting and doing a Whole 30 with mindless eating your daily allotted calories along with mindless exercise...has that changed everything for you then?

Don't blow smoke back into your own eyes.  

The truth will find you out. 

Archived