Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demonizing food is disorder. Polarizing food  into all or nothing is black and white thinking. 

Chew and Spit is a disorder.  You take a bite and spit. Throw all of the rest of the food in the trash or continue chewing and spitting through food that's been demonized.

Relapse happens for food addiction recovery or any addiction recovery. 

The current rate for food addiction relapse is 70-90%.

Less than 5% of dieters can keep the weight off and it's only 2% higher for weight loss surgery patients....7%.

The appetite control center is located in the brain. 

You  can't fix a broken appetite control center by demonizing food.  You can't fix it by removing all of the other internal organs or shuffling them around. 

Set your pride aside.  Find someone.  Sit down face-to-face with them.  They can help you find your pathway to healing.

You can find a better way to be happy than by demonizing food. 

Your body can return to a balanced state and go back to its original factory settings.

The appetite control center is located in the brain.

If pre-op WLS patients were given the exact protocol post-op plan they'll be following for the rest of their lives....would they, could they follow through.

If they were told they had to follow it for 6 months before the surgery and lo and behold,  they were dropping it like it was hot - a pound aday, would they opt for the surgery anyway.

Is it the motivation of having a surgery that fixes everything. The driving force behind their choice.

What if all that was really needed was the momentum and motivation that could be created within your own being,  given  new cognitive behaviors and skills. 

What if.

What if after the 6 month pre-op trial period, how many would choose to go on traveling under their own steam and brain power with a top-notch engineer at the helm of the train.

How many after their 6 month highly successful trial period would fall immediately back into food addictive behaviors and relapse with rebound weight gain.

Is surgery the carrot.  I can tell you the novelty of eating 2 ounces of food at a whack wears off quickly.

There's still the ghost memory of triggers and cravings. Those do not go away even with a stomach the size of a thumb.  The appetite control center is located in the brain.

Demonizing food won't fix  a broken brain.

Momentum is a gift.  I don't take it for granted.  It can be as fleeting as a food thought. 

I have no idea how I discovered the Whole 30.  No one shared it with me.  I don't know how I knew to order the book.

I discovered that I really could change my life in unexpected ways.  I discovered the Whole 30 and now I'm discovering myself.

I am a Post Whole Digger.  

• Chew and Spit.
  • Consequences. 
  •  
  • Mouth Ulcer’s – while you're chewing your body is producing acid this in turn produces mouth ulcers & trust me they hurt.
  •  
  • Swollen Glands – from the spitting, looking like a chipmunk is not a sexy.
  •  
  • Rotting teeth – Depending on what you eat you're not only giving your teeth a acid wash but if you chew sugary foods you are giving your teeth a sugar mouth wash as well. This equates to cavities, cracks and tooth rot.
  •  
  • Ulcerated stomach – You may not be ingesting the food but all your sensory’s (see, hear, smell etc) think you are.  You are seeing the food, smelling the food, tasting the food, your body produces stomach acid in preparation for the food.
  •  
  • I saved the worst for last INSULIN increase – When you see, smell, taste food it triggers the release of insulin, which is not a good thing. Insulin raises appetite (more chew and spit), makes weight gain easier,makes losing weight harder and in worst cases cause diabetes.

https://anorexictoathletic.com/2012/01/31/the-silent-secret-eating-disorder-chew-spit/

A song recharges my brain, freshens UP my palette ;)... encourages and increases the satiety index.

I've eaten my share of dirt sandwiches.  Pinecones, dirt, grass clippings and old tennis shoes.  I've lost folkaronies to WLS. They traveled on.  

On the first part of the journey, I did it for them.  

Now, I'm doing it for me and the Felicias out there like me.  

When you were a child,  food did not control you. You only knew how survival was related to your Maw and Paw.

It wasn't want you did some of the time but most of the time that mattered. There were picnics and celebrations. Going to town and having something extra special at all of the local eating joints. 

There was movement.  You were not sitting on the couch at the speed of zero.  We came by it naturally, didn't give it a second thought as we were running out the door to play for hours until the sound of  Maw's holler beckoned us home for supper.

There was one mother in my neck of the woods who hollered above the rest for her children.  I can still hear it in my ears, right now, this very minute.  Those summer days were the best in the west. 

My sisters and I made dollhouses out of oatmeal boxes. We had wallpaper and created our own furniture for the rooms.  Bike riding and hiking with a picnic lunch.  Artwork and painting. Music and dancing.  Maw kept our hands busy.   I preferred the artwork, books and weekly readers while my other sisters learned to cook and bake like Maw.  I should've watched more closely.

Good food fixes everything.  What other choice do we have.  

The quick fix doesn't work. 

Return to your original factory settings. Go back to the well. 

Take a drink, the water is fine.  You knew who you were and what you wanted to be.

Food addiction is not about quality.  It's about quantity of food. 

The food addict likes that over the top - stuffed to the gills feeling.  It doesn't matter what you stuff down your gullet as long as you're shoving all of your emotions down with food. 

As much food as you can stuff in one sitting. Bursting at the seams and ready to pop your top.  

Think quality over quantity.  Nothing can be denied you.  

Do you want to live the rest of your life demonizing food. What if someone told you that you could never ever eat spaghetti again. 

No more lasagna for you.  No Chinese food with rice, noodles. You'll never be able to taste frozen yogurt, cheese or whatever floats your boat.  It's over.  

Would you, could you do it? 

Dieting is the root of food addiction.  It's like a strong noxious weed.  It's going to take a backhoe service to pull that root out of your body, mind and spirit.  

I tell Felicia to get back inside of this house, right this very minute because it's -20 below zero.  Fahrenheit.  Felicia rolls off my tongue and sometimes she trips off my tongue with her rubber soled shoes and falls flat on the carpet.

Image result for bye felicia photos

Felicias are always going somewhere.  They have true grit and humor.  They pick themselves back UP after everyone is always saying Bye, Felicia.  Bye.

They take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.  Felicias have the pioneering spirit and they want to keep the Wild, Wild West...wild.   

Felicias know what sustainability is all about. They wear their hearts on their sleeves, bawl and cry and love their folkaronies above all. They will eat pinecones, dirt and grass clippings if they have to but prefer nuts for a decoration and fruit for a condiment.

Felicias of a feather fly together.  Sometimes they hoot with the hoot owls at night but they get right back UP and fly with the eagles in the morning. They are not parakeets who spend their days inside of a cage, constantly kissing themselves in the mirror until you throw the towel back over the cage.

Felicias don't Chew and Spit.  Taking one micro bite of seeds, spitting them back out onto the floor making a mess of everything. 

Their feathers can be ruffled but not very easily. They prefer hopping around on the edge of a pan lid filled with water. Splashing and pruning their feathers. Happy. Dancing and singing.  

Felicias can rise and shine and hang on tight.

Felicia believed she could.  So she did. 

Felicias don't kiss and tell.

They hold others UP in high esteem but they know they don't ever have to go back for a repeat performance with bullies. They throw their hands and arms in the air and walk away from a food fight. For real.   Bye Felicia.

Food creates some deeply felt principles and you have to know when to hold and when to fold 'em.  

Bear has wisdom and equilibrium. yesss crazy rabbitEveryone tells him that if multi-crap should hit the fan, this is the man they want in their corner.  I've got that market cornered. I don't take him for granted.  He's funny and hi-larious, southern-fried and strong as an ox.  Body. Mind. Spirit. His voice is smooth like butter. Southern accents are so pleasing to the ear. Genteel. 

He says that there are entrepreneurs and piles of manure and it takes wisdom to know the difference. You can't pull the wool over his eyes. 

Ima Post Whole Digger.  

Ima this and Ima that.  

What your workout music says about you.

They say....

Rap/Hip-Hop: high self-esteem, outgoing, not very eco-friendly

Heavy Metal: gentle, low self-esteem, reserved, and comfortable with themselves

Indie Rock: low self-esteem, creative, lazy, headstrong

Electronic/Dance: sociable, headstrong, outgoing, creative

Classical: high self-esteem, introverted, high earners, eco-friendly

Pop: high self esteem, hard working, outgoing, low creativity, nervous

http://www.medicaldaily.com/who-do-you-think-you-are-what-your-taste-music-says-about-you-according-science-317388

"Unfortunately, as with many psychology studies on personality and music, there was one caveat: participants lying.

“There is a difference between the music that people report to like and what they actually listen to,” Chamorro-Premuzic said. “That’s because people are aware that liking certain music is linked to certain values and personalities.

Since people are already hypersensitive to the fact that their musical preference reflects their personality, it would make sense that those wishing to portray a certain image would purposely say they prefer a specific genre. However, Chamorro-Premuzic explained that although a person’s musical choices will always change, their personality, as of the ages of 15 to 20, is set. By recording personality and musical choices of volunteers in this age group, it was possible to gain an accurate idea of their personality."

Heckatoot.  They didn't say a thing about country music.

Music will improve your workouts.

"Listening to music significantly intensified volunteers’ positive attitudes toward the training.

Music also made it more likely that people would report intending to continue interval training in the future.

The results indicate that high-intensity interval training may not be as physically disagreeable and off-putting for many of us as some experts have feared, Mr. Stork says, and that adding music to the sweating seems to make the workouts even more enjoyable. (The researchers had used the same data in an earlier study that looked at whether music made people ride harder. It did.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/26/well/move/how-music-might-improve-your-workouts.html?_r=0

Image result for posters working out to music

Here's a secret I'm only sharing with Felicias. I used to workout every day in my bedroom. I turned the lights off and played my music.  I had a routine. I'm trying to recapture it and remember those movements because they worked so well for me.  

I didn't know that the streetlights were sending my reflection up on the walls of the house through the windows.   drama crazy rabbitI found out later that there were fellas who knew my routine and pulled up in their cars and parked.  They were watching me.

Someone had the guts to tell me several years later.  I thought it was a safe place to dance around in my underwear. Ooooo, Felicias.  There's always someone watching everything you do.

I liked watching the clouds with the moon.  I should've closed the curtains.  It's too late now.  Ima gonna play the same music with the same moves and recapture the mojo of my youth. It was high school. ballerina crazy rabbit When Paw found out, he hit the roof.  I can hardly stand to look those dudes in the eye today.

There are food dreams and real dreams. It takes wisdom to know the difference and discernment. 

Maw and Paw dream dreams.  I listen. 

Felicias, slow down.  You're driving waaaay too fast.  For real. Literally and symbolically and metaphorically.

Anger is a driver.  Don't let it come into any vehicle. Paw was riding in the cluegun seat. He shouted to the top of the heavens....slow this thing down.

I used to drive screaming around the corners coming in... on two wheels. I don't do that anymore.  It only takes one lapse in attention and it's over.  Sloowww that thing down. 

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Shoving unresolved anger down with food does not make it go away. It's always there. Ready to strike like a viper.

Putting the pedal to the metal does not make it go away. On your mark.  Get set.  Gooooo. 

Don't get into a vehicle with uneven tempered folkaronies. Don't let them drive you into the ground. Walk away. 

You're somewhere in the future and you look much better than you do right now.  

Everything looks better. Your future.

New joy comes in the morning. When we put our allotted portions together - the sky is not the limit and it never was.

Is it a hormone imbalance that causes some to run out and buy a new, big, fast and splashy vehicle.  I think so.

Felicias are strong.  They have to go through all of the phases and pauses.  Hormones that are going by the way of the dodo affect people in all kinds of ways.

I see them in their convertibles. Snow on the top, flashing their eyes and big grins at the Felicias.  Hi-larious.  It's a form of entertainment.  We all need to play responsibly. 

I've caught young bucks smiling at me.  I don't know why. I wink and flash them a big grin.  Then I look at myself in the mirror like a parakeet, prune my feathers and laugh myself silly.

Older Felicias are always latching onto Bear.  They actually come up and squeeze his arms and muscles.  It's bizarre. They can't help themselves. It's similar to people touching those who are about ready to deliver a baby.  We need boundaries. 

It's all fun. Really.

We're all home bound with a -50 below zero wind chill factor. No one is a match for the ambient temps. I'm happy the days are getting longer but this is one of the worst winters in recorded history.   Record snowfall and winds.

When one is cooped up with your folkaronies the mind can start to go 'round the proverbial bend.  It's temporary.  calm down crazy rabbit

I know what freedom is. When you can't get out, you get a glimpse of a caged bird. on jail crazy rabbit The strangest things make their way to the front of the mind rather than staying hidden in the recesses.

Let sleeping dogs lie.  When you have a thought, let it gooooo.

Remember all of your dieting days gone by.  Looney tunes. You didn't think about candy bars or gummy bears for months until you were told you couldn't have one.  It was all imaginary and whacky thinking. If I could get in the truck, I don't know what I'd drive into town for.  Nature's soda pop.  Booch without the hooch. 

Much love.  Felicias. 

wpA-sJhBb2A9R5oOuRxU9S4OSIguNmgEdYjdfkvp54av18wXP2Yd5f9s9yAwk24M-2o=w300

Sorry to hear you're housebound by the weather. It's been cold here too, but not that cold - 25 below wind chills tonight. I finally couldn't take it anymore and went to the woods today. With crunchy ice underfoot, I needed my walking stick. It was pretty rough going and I earned my supper tonight - no better feeling. May you get out soon, Meadowlily.  

When it's this cold, we hang together. No one strays outdoors or even in the house.  camp fire smiley Ima roasting the Big Chick. I thought another Thanksgiving Dinner might perk everyone UP. I'm making homemade cranberry sauce with fresh oranges and zest.  Sweet potatoes, roasted brussels with bacon, a Waldorf salad with pomegranates, apples, walnuts, grapes, mayo, spritzed with some lemon juice.

I have a new wellness tea recipe. coffee bath smiley

Oolong, Gunpowder Green tea, tumeric, ginger and coconut oil. I'll probably use macadamia nut oil instead. I'm watching everyone like a hawk, every step they take, every move they make.  I have to. It's my job. They belong to me.

Image result for you can't manage what you don't measure deming

If you think the Whole 30 is a diet, then you don't know what you're doing.

Ending the controlling and manipulative dieting relationship can be even harder than being on a diet.

Though you may think you don't have the courage to end your dieting relationship...

You won't be able to start living until you make the break. 

Archived