Reintroduction blues

unchartedxo

Little introduction, since I stalked this forums a lot but have never posted...

My name is Jeni. I finished my whole30 on August 1st; straight through, no cheating, all compliant.  I lost roughly 10lbs (+2-3 pounds depending on water weight), all my clothes were fitting loose, I was overall very much more self assured with my body. 

August 2nd was my first day after whole30. I woke up, worked out, ate a compliant breakfast, then traveled to my husband's mom's house (only time during the whole 30) and at pretty much everything I shouldn't because that's all she had... I had a beer, rice crispy, lasagna, etc. Overall didn't feel too crappy...

Well... here we are not on Wednesday. day 5 of NOT being whole30, and I FEEL LIKE POOOOO.... I feel bloated, crampy, gross... I have "gained" like 5lbs (again, how much is bloating and water weight??) and I keep telling myself I am going to cut back... buuuuut I don't!!! I am craving sugar again! and cheese! My two downfalls.

Any advice, kind words, help?  I am trying to go easy on myself... my period is suppose to start soon (which is probably adding to my self doubt, bloating and grumpiness) OR it's NOT starting!!! (my husband and I are trying)... so I am trying to be gentle on myself, but am still beating myself up for eating so crappy :(

My advice would be to go back to Whole30 until you are feeling like you did when you finished and then do careful introductions of foods to know how things effect you. Once you have that data you can make better decisions about what you choose to eat as you move forward in your post Whole30 life. There is a whole30 guide to nutritional offroading on the site (I can never get it link appropriately but google will find it) that may help you but you can't really use it until you have done proper introductions.

Archived