FODMAPs, start over?

I am trying to fix some unresolved stomach issues by doing a low FODMAP whole30. I wasn't thinking straight yesterday, and ate a little (activated) almond butter off the side of the food processor while I was making it (around one tenth of one almond).

Now I have seen almonds on some fodmap lists but not others, so I have been avoiding them. I know fodmaps do seem to be dosage dependant and low fodmap is not no-fodmap, but I was on day 9, right in the middle of the bloating and bacteria die-off, and that seems to have ended now, so I'm not sure if that's significant.

Did I just give my digestive-issue-causing bacteria enough food to survive? Should I start my 30 days over?

stomach issues don't have a precise 30-day clock. Some take more time to resolve than others. Since almonds are technically ok on the whole30, I would not start over, just notice how you feel once you get to day 30. If stomach issues haven't resolved, consider waiting a bit longer before you start re-intros.

Leahcarn, sorry to put into this convo.. but im thinking of doing low- Fodmaps since the last week or so ive had some stomach pain and tiredness and bloating despite being whole30 (day 23 today) I have a question; do you feel like you get enough calories on low fodmaps? im particularly worried about not enough fats, and since i do xfit 4 times a week i dont wanna run on low energy. It would be great to hear from someone doing this. thanks heaps! 

Izzy00, as quite a few starchy vegetables are low FODMAP and all animal fats are, I would think you could get enough calories to fuel your actvity on a Whole30+low FODMAP approach.

This is a list from a blog I read regularly http://petra8paleo.wordpress.com/2014/03/23/aip-low-fodmap-food-list/  (nb. Many recipes are NOT Whole30 approved, but some are eg. https://petra8paleo.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/kalua-lamb-shanks-aip-friendly-low-fodmap/)

I am really sick of coconut milk, but I could eat coconut butter all day. I am in New Zealand and swedes (rutabaga) and pumpkin are in season at the moment, so I'm not feeling low in starchy veges. I do miss my cauliflower though =(

Fritattas are a great way to hide coconut milk =)

Archived