Day 7, first whole30.

chrissie

Tina if the zoodles were zucchini I think you could eat what you want.  So they are good?  I haven't tried them.  These totilla's are soft and really pliable and I like them.  There is only a teaspoon of coconut flour.  A quarter cup of arrowroot powder. 

It should be good for whole 30. The ingredients are few and it is really easy.

Maybe you needed a starchy veggie or more fat to keep your appetite satisfied.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,  it was a good night at work last night, as my made foods kept me full and I didn't need the emergency apple & peanut butter.  Mantra - ''fats and veggies keep us full, fats and veggies keep us full......''   as you've learned Tina,  well done for hitting the keyboard recognising you were not really hungry,   Fridge gazing  was me on Friday when I was really tired and had missed a meal.   And look what gazing at the fridge did to me; a slice of meat pie, cheese and two slices of bread and  my gut is only just settling down.  :(    I agree with Donna, surely you can eat as much veg as you like even if it has been 'zoodled'... although I suppose in the spirit of the W30, it's to learn to eat 'till satisfied rather than stuffed?

I am going to try the tortilla recipe sometime, it sounds good.   When I say 'cake' Donna, yes, that is like birthday cake rather than cookies - biscuits they are to me.  And a great  NSV Tina, doing the tea without sugar.  Doesn't this W30 prove to us we can do things we thought we never could!    Amazing :).   I plan today's meals to be basically a repeat of yesterday what I take to work.  I'm going to scramble a couple of eggs with nutritional yeast in a moment and grill (broil?) a tomato.  I have defrosted some roast lamb which I'll have with broccoli carrot and cabbage, all with a little clarified butter melted over, and that'll be day 4 sorted. 

Now I know a largely wheat based meal means pain and undesirable bathroom visits (trying to be polite here ;))  for four days .... pre W30 the old me had wheat at most meals most days.  (too tired to cook = grab a sandwich) how did I never realise I was sub-healthy.  How did I accept feeling 'off' as 'normal'!   Here's to a brighter, healthier future for us all!

Hello to all, sorry I have missed checking in.  I should have, like Tina did when she felt a struggle.  Yesterday I started the day with such enthusiasm and excitement.  I was visualizing success in the form of new body image, planning to update my wardrobe.  I imagined myself fit and outdoorsy. 

Then fatigue set in coupled with boredom and I found myself gazing into the work "crap" cupboard with desire.  I was clearly aware that I was not hungry, but rather was responding to a behavior.  I fought hard and won this time.  Today as I journal about this I know that I am not going to change a behavior that has been part of me for many years.  I have chronically dieted for most of my adult life because I have food behavior issues.  I know there will be a time when I don't succeed in keeping the behavior at bay, but one day at a time I will continue to struggle. 

I did go to bed at 8:30 last night, feeling exhausted, I think my lack of sleep on my 24 hour shift caught up with me.  Still feel a little fatigue today.  But not the struggle. 

Amy, You had asked me many posts ago about my arugula salad.  It was simply arugula and pomegranate seeds, then dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  I did try making the Homemade mayo.  Seems to have a bitter taste to me, I'm thinking  I selected too strong of an olive oil, but would love anyones feedback on improving the taste.  Mayo was never my favorite, I was a miracle whip girl.  Thanks mom!

Today, meal 1 eggs scrambled in ghee with bacon over arugala.  Meal 2 big salad with leftover filet, dressed with olive oil and vinegar and a nectarine.  Meal 3 leftover chicken curry that I made over the weekend in the crockpot with cauliflower and sweet potatoes and an apple. 

Lori, the struggle will get easier, my staring in the fridge moment on Friday was the first time in weeks; prior to that it was a nightly ritual, knowing I was not hungry, but wanting something.   I started my first diet when I was about 17, I am now 60, and I'm sure this is the first time I have not had all the guilt and binge (though not true binging) and rest of it that deprivation brings.  All those wasted years having minor food issues!  And being sleep deprived does not help!  Keep to the food template, plenty of fat and you will get there :)

Lori  ~ great job at closing that cupboard door !!  it really does get easier - especially when you know that it is habit... not hunger.  I am also a Miracle Whip girl - however I have gotten used to the home made mayo - and I think you will also to after time.  Especially when your sugar dragon stops rearing its ugly head. I never thought I would like mayo, ketchup - tea   without Sugar.  But I have drank tea now without it.    The nice thing about the mayo - you can spice it up how ever you like it... add chipotle sauce (I use a smidge !)... mustard,  I have added cumin, curry to it.  even added salsa to eat on my taco salad instead of sour cream  I made a home made onion "dip"  w/ dried onions, onion powder, and beef broth (bouillon cubes)  Taste just like French onion dip (without the sugar)   then top my burgers, with that.

today is 28 !  

M1 shredded rutabaga w/ 3 fried eggs  ( I think that will be the last of the rutabaga for a bit - it wasn't tasting the best)

M2  cauliflower/sausage bake, w/ 3 breakfast meatballs,  dipped in... Dijon mustard mayo

M3  burger (organic grass fed), brussel sprouts and a cup of butternut squash soup.

Today was ok - not sure how I am feeling - just a little blah - only because it is getting cold out, and dark so I am thinking it is just a thing.  My clothes are looser - I don't think I full size - but down for sure.so that feels good.  I didn't experience this "tiger's blood"  but I think if I continue this - and incorporate some actual exercise - then maybe I would feel more energy.  I have to just stop making excuses.

I would love to continue talking with all you as I continue this - and if you all want to keep this going.

Donna the zucchini noodle are great  -  I used to use my julienne cutter but my friend gave me a Veggeti and it works good.  I have used zucchini in replacement for egg noodles and spaghetti,  tried it in lasagna but that didn't work very well.  In my opinion - could be I messed it up some how.

Amy - I hope that everyone is healthy and you are doing good.

Good for you chrissie on your planning !  I admire how you stay on track  - that is awesome

Babysitting little man tomorrow - will be bringing my burger/soup and brussell sprouts for dinner so I know I will have something to eat.

Today is day 15, halfway through my whole 30.  Today is my day off, and I am gearing up to a cooking day.  M1 Sausage, sweet potato, onion pepper hash with an egg over easy on top-yummy.  M2 foil packets with kale, salmon and beets.  M3 roasted chicken with some roasted root vegetables.  Will throw in some fruit, just haven't decided what yet. 

Yesterday my partner went to the doctor for her six month check in, labs and BP medicine.  She told the doctor about following the "paleo diet" though she is not completely following the program, she does eat what I eat for most meals.  Anyway, the doctor told her to be careful, that she shouldn't be on paleo for more than 3 months, specially women, because without dairy she would be more prone to osteoporosis!  I just went off.  I haven't bought into the dairy bit for some time, long before I started the whole 30.  ln fact my daughter has hardly drank dairy since early toddlerhood, because she didn't care for it.  I've never forced the issue, because I didn't believe it was an issue.  I do think the majority of our society is sensitive to lactose, if not lactose intolerant.  There are just so many ways to get in calcium.

Chrissie, I too have been dieting since about 17 when my mom put me on her weight watchers program.  At that time I was about 150 pounds, and 5'9"  so not far off the chart.  She instilled a lot of shame and I do think some of my food issues stem from that time.  It would have been better to use the approach of choosing healthier options.  Now at 55 I still struggle with my poor self image.  So indeed here is to a new start. 

Back to the cooking and laundry I go :)

30 days go so quickly, and yet it's not really over then.  I wonder how long we can go on here as we all keep learning and trying to do better :).     I'm fine again now; tired, but it is a healthy tired not a junk-laden stupor. 

Tina, I hope you have a good time with your grandson.  Lori; I agree the mis-information about dairy is annoying, especially when it comes from a health provider!   My daughter was a bit like my bones would crumble to dust till I gave her a list of all the alternative sources of calcium,   I'm not a big dairy eater, don't particularly like milk, cheese is more my thing, and I am going to try goats cheese when this 7 is over on Friday; apparently there are less reactions to goats milk than cows.   I do still have a bit of a post-nasal drip, and though I don't have lots of dairy I wonder if I should try another 30 just without that to see if things improve any.  Donna, I hope you get your pizza with your grandson soon!   Amy is everything going ok with you? 

I was awake early today, so had lunch with my daughter; a simple chicken salad.   More chicken tonight, in a stew with lots of veggies.  Scotch egg salad  (again!) at work tonight, and a home made soup. Mayo or clarified butter added to everything!   Looking forwards to my holiday when I think I will try oatcakes as they tend to be gluten free and they are very good in Scotland, with good butter, and, especially cheese and fruit.  Good seafood fresh from the sea too, mmmm!

The weather has been glorious here in North East England, and guess what, when we set off on Saturday, the weather is set to change for the worse. Ah well; as someone once said, there is no bad weather, just bad clothing.... so we'll be packing the waterproofs methinks!  

Off to shower and get my work head back on!

chrissie - I am soooo jealous !!  enjoy your Holiday  (please eat some shrimp for me - if it is available.   it is so yummy straight from the sea!)  When we go on our wine & cheese weekend - I have been buying a gouda that is a goat's/cow milk blend. DELISH 

Trying to survive the day at work - busy and bored at the same time.

M1   eggs w/ mushrooms, onions red pepper and some spinach   Let the spinach sit too long so instead of wilted it was cooked (yuck)  ate it anyway

M2   burger w/  1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 avocado.

M3  will be the same.

have an orange and an apple to snack on.

I can't decide if I want to weigh myself on Friday - or wait... I guess I really should weigh in on Friday so that way I can have a base line for me to review while I continue this.  I do know that when I went to the doctor about a week  before starting this I was 202.xx  so I am anxious to see what happens. 

Before Paleo - I was pushing 210, then came down to 198, but certainly did not feel as good as I do now.

well - ladies - have a good one

Well I think we are all a little envious of your vacation Chrissie.  It sounds so grand (to me anyway) because it is in another country.  I know you have been there many times. Have some delicious fresh sea food for all of us. 

I will be having the pizza with my grandson this evening. 

I get myself so confused on the eating plan I am trying to do.  I need to read up more on what has gluten. Is all wheat bad and does all wheat have gluten?  What grains are the best if any?

Remember I had the sugar free ice cream and then I thought well I don't want dairy so when it was gone I bought some coconut ice cream and 1 ea coconut and almond yogurt to stay away from dairy.  Then I realized these have more sugar then the first ice cream and yogurts.  I want as little sugar as I can get away with. Just the very small amounts in food you don't expect it to be in. Cancer is very attracted to sugar and feeds on it so I want to try to stay away from it. 

Yet I do want some treats, and I am able to be satisfied with a very small serving.  I need to only eat the healthy sugar substitute but the problem is finding it in something good with no dairy, wheat or gluten. Yikes!!

I am sure there are options out there I just don't know about them.

Congrats on reaching 30 Tina.  Don't you think it went pretty fast?

Time to say bye-bye my friends;   we don't actually leave until Saturday but tomorrow is packing, grandchildren and all the associated fuss with getting away so  I'll be leaving the computer alone.   I know food will be fab and I'll eat all the fresh seafood on your behalfs!  

Donna, have you looked at the 'I quit sugar' books?   Full of sugar free treats - she uses brown rice syrup (I think) instead as it does not affect our bodies like cane sugar.  There is a website too, to give you an idea. I think it may be what you need.    Enjoy every mouthful of pizza, but enjoy the company more!

Tina, when I get back you'll be adept at 'riding your own bike, I hope your weight does what you want, and enjoy adding back! 

Lori, you'll be so much nearer your goal too, and feeling fabulous!

While I'm away on our wee misty Island I'll send you all positive vibes.   I'll be back on the board a week on Friday with confessions of sampling the grain in the form of a wee tot of whisky....  well, when in Rome, and all that ;), and being seasick on the ferry crossing  - I hope not! 

look after yourselves,

C x

Hi

Lori did you use extra virgin olive oil for your mayo?  I was about an 1/8 of a cup short of my extra lite oil and used just that dab of extra virgin and I could taste the difference in the mayo.  You have to use extra lite tasting olive oil.  I like it and you can change the taste up.  Just take a 1/4 cup out of the jar and add things like I think Tina was saying to use for different purposes.

I am going to check on the web site Chrissie suggested about I quit sugar.  Maybe I need to focus on changing one food group at a time.  Then when i get that down start on the other one.

I had the pizza and a really nice visit with my grandson. I expected some negative physical things to happen from the pizza but the only thing was I didn't sleep as well and I gained 1lb1/2 over night of water weight.  Somebody on another site said that when that happens it is inflammation. That is not good but I didn't feel bad.

I think we are all going to miss Chrissie's input on this blog but lets try to keep it going.

hi Ladies !  

I hope Chrissie enjoys her 'holiday' !   Donna - I used partial lite and extra virgin oil cuz I ran out too.  It was not the same but not too bad just a little stronger flavor.  Please let us know how the "I Quit Sugar" is.. I know don't know how much more sugar you can take out of the diet - maybe just more aware ?

I am on day 30-  !!   I am going to take measurements tonight or tomorrow -  and weigh myself on Monday - don't have a scale at home so I will just use the one here at work in the fitness room.

I feel pretty good - and I have decided if I don't miss it -not going to readd it.  It really is amazing to me how much sugar is in things ... that you would never even think about.    I did buy some sausages and hot dogs that have less than 2% sugar that were on sale - and threw them in my freezer for when my 30 was done, as I didn't want to jeopardize my meals ... 

M1 was cauliflower rice w/ gr beef w/ a coconut gravy

m2 will be a salad w/ chicken, boiled egg, cukes, tomatoe, avocado, cauliflower

m3 -   no clue.   :mellow:

good evening. 

I come tonight with good news and bad.  The bad, I'm alone again.  My partner was not happy, so she told me last night, and then she packed a bag and left.  Very little sleep for me.  So not only was I dealing with the stress of a relationship ending, I was exhausted. 

The good news.  I did not reach for food or alcohol.  And to be honest I feel the stronger for it.  I spent the day purging the cupboards of the last poor food choices and then I cleaned from stem to stern.  I may feel sad at the moment, but in the end I feel I will be stronger.  I am changing deep seated emotional responses.  It feels good. 

Tina, congratulations on completing your 30 days.  You seem to be staying very strong. 

Donna, that gluten is indeed a sneaky snake.  I am sure we will learn as we go along.  And yes I did use extra virgin olive oil.  I just don't think it was light enough.  I am going to try and experiment with the ingredients. 

I envy Chrissie and her seafood.  Amy, are you still out there?

Today M1, portabellas, onion and arugula with some ham and egg omelet.  M2 leftover summer squash and tomato soup with roasted chicken.  M3 Spicy butternut squash with chicken and peppers.

Off to see if I can sleep.  I should be good and tired, between little sleep last night and all the cleaning. 

Thanks for being here

Lori ~  I'm so sorry - :(  So proud of you that you did not turn to food - or alcohol..! ! Old me would have done the same.  I know this will be tough on you - but focus on you and your health.   And have a good cry - cuz you deserve it.

I hope that you slept better last night ....

Amy - haven't heard from you in a bit - hope all is well.  I'm sure you are enjoying your family and focusing on that !  But we are here when you return

Tina, thanks for your kind words.  I slept good last night, that is one positive for good self control.  I have been engaging in my other favorite past time, other than food, planning trips.  My 11 daughter is a great companion.  I also bought tickets to go see a play next week.  All these things that don't involve food, but feel like self care. 

M1 Scrambled egg with bacon and clementine.  M2 Chicken/cauliflower curry and watermelon.  M3 Spicy Chicken with butternut squash and peppers.

I am going to stop at whole foods on my way home from work and refresh some vegi's and eggs.  I'm plum out. 

Hi all-

Sorry for my absence, sometimes I get the feeling I've been on the iPad/computer/iphone wayyy too much, and so I just give it all up for a few days and get out of the house. I started a few projects at home as well while husband was away- including packing up all of my son's baby clothes for storage- waaaaaa!!! I also started work last week- flu shot clinics for now, busy busy. I feel pretty good about this week with my diet- ate mostly healthy all week with an indulgent meal last night. My will power is much stronger than it was before.

Lori- so sorry to hear about your loss. It must have taken a lot of strength to stay on track during a breakup. Good for you for planning some trips and time with your daughter. That is such a healthy way to practice self care! I too have had to break my emotional connection with food. W30 made me realize exactly how often I used food to augment an emotion- happy, sad, lonely, boredom- and now I recognize it and try to replace it with something else.

Tina- congratulations on finishing your first whole 30!! Do you have anything you want to indulge in a little this weekend, or are you sticking with the reintro plan? For me it was my coffee- I so missed it. Looking forward to hearing about your weekend.

Donna- from what I understand, gluten is a protein present in all wheat, and the gluten is "brought out" during the kneading process to make bread. I used to do one or two days a week strictly gluten free, and I ate a lot of Mexican food on those days because I could have corn tortilla chips! Quinoa is also good. It's probably even better for you to avoid sugar.

Chrissie, enjoy your vacation!! I will be sending prayers for good weather and safe travels!! You deserve it!

Day 4 and already seeing a flatter tummy! I can't believe it! I would always have a little bit of a bloated look in my stomach from inflammation, I presume. But even that has gone down after just 4 days! I was very, very, very nervous to begin my Whole30 journey. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to last, but Whole30 makes this journey so do-able for anyone, especially by having resources like It Starts With Food, The Whole30 Daily, and the Forum! Of course, I have been feeling the cravings, a.k.a. sugar dragon, headaches, tiredness, etc. but that's all normal, which makes me feel better about it. I can't wait to see where this journey of healing takes me mentally, physically, emotionally, and even spiritually. i have high hopes for myself; i've needed this for a long time. thank you, all you committed and supportive members! xo

Welcome Sunkissed. That was one of the first things I noticed also was the bloat going down.  Good for you focusing on the positive and realizing the negatives are just part of the journey and are short term.

Sorry about your break-up Lori. It sounds like you are being strong and making all the right decisions for yourself and your daughter. I hope the next few days go well for you. You are correct about extra virgin olive oil being to strong. You have to use extra lite.

Tina was it you that said you made a Sour cream out of the mayo?  What did you add to it?

I had to find a new primary Doctor as mine is moving to a new practice where I can't go. I went to a new one and I liked her.  She wanted another blood test to follow up on the one I talked about here a while back.  I asked her if she could add in a gluten test to see if I am gluten sensitive. I don't want to go to all the work of being completely off gluten if I don't have to.  Being off dairy and sugar are bad enough. She agreed but I have to start eating gluten again to take the test.

I have been busy so I haven't really gotten into the I quit sugar site. Just a quick glance.  Its a women out of the UK and they do 30 day sugar stops  I assume like whole 30.  A large group does it together.  They will start a new one Jan 1st  I will look at it more in the next few days.

Hope you are all having a good weekend. We know Chrissie is.

Physical changes are secondary to how I feel !  I feel wonderful. !! plain and simple ~ wonderful.  I have been looking for solutions for my minor ailments - bloating, swelling, joint pain, plantar fasciitis, Charlie horses.  Without PILLS !

I have gone 30 days without using Aleve, ibuprofen, or  diclofenac.   According to It starts with Food... these can all lead to leaky gut.   I never used to go a day without some sort of pill.  I started w/ 75mg diclofenac, and then that didn't work - so that was doubled.  My migraines didn't respond to 1 or 2 aleve..  took 4.

I did have some headaches this past 30 days, but 2 Tylenol - and they were gone.  That is HUGE !!

The purpose of this is to make us aware of what goes in your mouth.  I feel so empowered to make the right choices for my body.  I know I can eat out - and make the right choices.  I do wish that olive oil and balsamic vinegar were on more menus for dressing options.

I am Thankful that I learned about all extra sugar - in EVERYTHING !   I am Thankful that not having the extra sugar - has caused my organs - to use the fat that I have reserved !  Instead of storing more !

I have lost 1" from all measured body parts !!  however my chest I lost 2"  <_<   Go Figure - the one place I wouldn't mind keeping 'fat' !

I had to go get some new pants for work - and actually fit into 1 size smaller than I did 30 days ago.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning.  I will post tomorrow  !! :D

DAY 2 of a new W30

Yesterday - I took my daughters and grandson out from some fun.  Went to a indoor sports 'arena',  Little man played in the inflatables - then moved onto the games   We then went to dinner - but it is homecoming here so everywhere was crazy busy.  Went to culvers... ordered a salad, grilled chicken, w/ cashews. It came to our table - and what did I forget - to ask for NO Cheese.  It was loaded with shredded cheese but  It had 3 slices of cucumber and 3 tomatoes... really ???I ordered raspberry vinegarette, but when I read the ingredients - of course sugar. and I couldn't bring myself to eat it.

I had eaten 2 boiled eggs and fresh veggies before we left - so I was not starving - and what I could eat - held me over to breakfast.

Today

M1  breakfast meatballs w/ leftover shredded rutabaga

M2  a wonderful lunch w/ a friend that come for dinner - she didn't know she would be eating a W30 meal !  baked organic chicken ( stuffed it w/ an apple, onion and garlic) mix of sweet  potatoes/white potatoes, onions & grilled green beans, and acorn squash

M3   a huge salad, greens, cauliflower, cukes, jicama, carrots, fried eggs, and chicken, avocado with oil and balsamic vinegar.

Not once was I hungry during the day !  It feels wonderful to actually eat food - that your body needs ! :P

Donna - I used the mayo in replacement of sour cream - I added onion powder, dried onions, and made it like a French onion dip..  on my taco salad I added salsa to the mayo.

Amy - glad you are good.  You certainly have a lot on your plate !!  heehee

I had a lot typed here and somehow I lost the connection and everything I typed.. I need to get busy so I will just say to Tina WOW that is great.  I am so happy you are feeling so great and have seen such a difference. You may not have lost 2" in your chest.  Some of it is probably from you back.

I will come back later to add more.

I had that too... typed a bunch and then GONE !     I measured my band area and then chest too.  both decreased !

DRUMMMMMM ROLLL PLEASE ~   I have lost a total of 11 lbs !  might be water weight - but it is 11 lbs either way. and I lost it without PILLS !!  I am so excited about that part.   The swelling was a big deal for me - and I'm so happy that I have gotten rid of that !   and without exercise !  and eating HEALTHY  and NOT STARVING myself to death.

I can't wait to see how the next 30 days will be ! 

I will check in later on with everyone.

Hello to all.  Yesterday was my 24 hour shift, but this one I actually had some sleep, woot, woot.  Sleep always improves my disposition.  Been doing a lot of journaling through this whole process, whole 30 and Life.  I find it helps.  Have reached out to family and friends and feel support.  Staying strong on program, today is day 20, 2/3 of the way through whole 30. 

Tina, great job! 11 pounds and inches to boot.  Plus, and this is the big one, you feel great!

Amy, glad to hear from you again.  You'll be busy with this time of the year and giving flu shots, my work mandates it and I need to get it done.  Some have been complaining that it has made them feel bad, so I have been holding off. 

Donna, I hope you find a doctor that you like, I know finding good medical, where you feel like someone knows you can be hard to find. 

I nearly forgot to eat m1 today.  Had been texting with a friend and talked with mom son in Colorado Springs.  The next thing I knew it was 1100 and I had not had anything to eat, plus I had been up since 4 am.  Hmm, the hunger has really been gone, though I don't think waiting so long was good either.  I ended up having some ham and a pear.  First pear of the season and it tasted like heaven.  M2 was butternut squash, peppers and chicken breast.  M3 will be grilled chicken and roasted sweet potato, Brussels and onion. 

Hi everybody  Lori are you getting enough fat. I know sometimes I wouldn't think to include fat when I wrote what I ate and that may be what you are doing.   Your meals always sound so good and the fat is so important also.  I think they wanted us to eat within the first hour after getting up because of hormones or something like that.  I could look it up but I just trust what they say.  I just know they think it's important.  I always struggled with that because I would get on the computer and the time would fly. Hasn't the time gone pretty fast, you are almost there.

Tina that is fantastic that you lost 11 lbs and all those inches.  What ever you lose now you will know is not any water weight because you won't be retaining it on w30.  What is the reason your doing this one so soon?  Because you feel so great and don't feel the need to go off it?

Thanks to Chrissie I think I found a possible book on the sugar thing.  Certainly w30 is a great way to get off sugar but I want to find out how to have a treat now and then with out my body thinking it's sugar.  The I quit Sugar web site didn't work out.  In researching I found on Amazon the majority of comments were not good.  The book is like 40 pages and doesn't really tell you anything.  You can't get any real info on the web site because they want you to sign up for $150.00 dollar thing like w30.  WE are so fortunate to have found w30. They give us all the tools and help free of charge. 

I did find out through the comments that she quotes another author a lot in her book.  He has a book out and some said your better off just reading his book.  I may do that if I can get it on ibooks which I should be able to.

Amy that is so interesting you could have Mexican food on a gluten free diet. I guess if you can have corn chips you could have corn tortillas.

Hopefully I won't have to be strict about it.  we will see after the blood test.  How are you doing being back to work?

Good morning everyone ! (ok really afternoon)

I'm staying on this - cuz I am just feeling awesome !  and I could certainly lose more weight, and I really want to keep my foods as clean as possible.  There will be some off roading - but not anything planned except for my wine trip on Saturday.  I may end up having to have regular salad dressing - but will try to see if they have oil olive & balsamic before I get the regular.  I know there are peeps who bring their own dressings - but I just can't do that.

I will be having my yearly physical next month - I was not going to have my blood work done - because they totally screwed it up last year.  BUT now I want to see if everything has improved.  I had high bad cholesterol  low good cholesterol, sugar was ok,  blood pressure has always been low.   So I have another month and 1/2 before I have to decide.

(and more time to drop some more weight !)

I am going to try and get some exercise into my night tonight -  lifting weights and stretching can be done with I watch my shows !  I used get on my glider when I watched my shows, then I didn't feel guilty for watching them !

so -  I was just munching on some pecans - (didn't have any real fat in my salad)  and now my throat is feeling slightly irritated..  like the beginnings of sore throat.  HMMMM  - never noticed that before - because I haven't just eaten pecans in the last 30 days - by themselves.     I will have to pay attention and see if it bothers me any other times.

Archived