Worst reintroduction....Ever!!

Chez

I'm pretty sure I've just done the worst reintroduction ever. I had family visit the day after my W30. It was all good the first day, but the next two were horrific...........as far as food goes.

We spent those days snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef and touring the Daintree World Heritage Rain Forest. I was so excited I lost my mind and ingested Wine, Icecream, Pizza, Milk and Cake. A lot of those foods i hadn't touched in 6 mths of doing Paleo. I thought I was so much stronger than that and now I feel like I've ruined all that good work I put in doing my W30 :wacko:  :wacko:

Thankyou for the supportive comments. I did just that and actually for first time in years I felt really comfortable in my swimsuit and the comments I got on my the pics I posted on Facebook were......Wow You look fantastic, You are glowing etc. I do feel so much better and will try not to beat myself up. I did fantastic to do the W30 in the first place and I can get back there.  :)

• 11 months later...
  • Administrators

I know what you mean. I completed my whole 30 on August 5 so on the 9th was a special family occasion and I overindulged. I had my favorite champagne, pasta salad with veggies, lobster, grilled chicken, cake, sorbet, ooo overboard!

I thought I was doomed. The next day I felt lethargic sleepy slow polk-ish. It took a couple of days of strict eating to pull me back to feeling normal. A moderator and members said my whole 30 was negated once I reintro 'd sugar and wheat the same day. :(

. :)

Just to be clear, no one's successful Whole30 is ever negated. Ever. If you had a successful Whole30 then that stands forever. Reintroducing any two things together muddies the waters of reintroduction and if you are trying to determine food reactions then you are not doing yourself any favours by combining potential irritants.

In the event that combining multiple foods is unavoidable then yes, we would recommend going back on the Whole30 until you are feeling as good or better than Day 30 and then trying the reintro again, one food at a time.

Archived