Coconut Butter (otherwise known as Creamed Coconut)

Ancestral Foodie

Hey, I assume this is okay, but thought I should double check, as I'm on day 8 and I don't want to blow it!

The thing is, it's so damn nice, it seems like it can't be allowed?!  I've got the Zenian Organic Creamed Coconut.  I just eat it with a spoon!  Nice way to finish off a meal.

Look forward to hearing from you....

If it does not have any non-compliant ingredients, it is ok to have on the whole30. That said, if you are using it as a dessert substitute, you might want to reconsider: we are working on making new habits, and needing a sweet taste after a meal is one of the old ones.

Ah, okay thats great, thanks!  I don't know if I have a sugar dragon, as I'm big into savoury foods.  I usually eat grass fed butter on everything! (but not on Whole30). For me, it's just something nice after dinner if I'm still feeling a little hungry and there aren't any left overs.  I assume that because it's high fat, it should be a good thing to have as opposed to fresh fruit etc?  I probably have about 4 - 5 teaspoons of the stuff...

The whole30 doesn't ask you to decide if you have a sugar dragon or not, and it doesn't have separate rules for those who do. If you regularly need 4-5 teaspoons more fat after your meals it means you are not eating enough at your meals. It would be worth trying to increase protein, fat and vegetables in the context of the meal template instead.

Archived