Buffalo wings

prairieportia

Hello!

I am on day 14, and all is going well.  I've avoided eating out for the most part, but tonight will be having dinner with friends at a standard bar food type-place (sandwiches and fried stuff).  I just called the place and asked whether the buffalo wings are made with butter, and she answered no (almost too quickly).  I would like to think that it's just chicken, fried and tossed with hot sauce.  Does anyone have enough experience with the ingredients in wings to know whether they are likely to be compliant?

Thanks!

If you are eating fried things, they include some sort of oil or fat. It is important to ask what kind of oil they are using, as many places use soybean oil or "vegetable" oil (which is often corn or soy-based). Neither soybean or nor vegetable oil are acceptable on the whole30.

Canola oil and sunflower oil are not recommended, but they are not prohibited, so look for those when eating out.

• Moderators

Buffalo wings will almost certainly include sugar. Most BBQ style food includes some form of sugar to balance the spicy hot. I don't think you can eat commercially prepared Buffalo wings and not eat something that is off-plan for the Whole30. 

Archived