Newby! Starting August 20...

Bridget L.

Hi!

I'm Bridget, 30, I live in the DC metro area and work as a government contractor. I have 2 kids, Ronan, 2.5 years and Teaghan, just turned 1! I am doing the Whole30 for a variety of reasons but my primary goals are better health/healing, weight loss and curbing my crazy cravings!

I am totally stoked about starting the Whole30 on Monday but scared to death too! EEKK! I am going on this journey with my husband, Justin, 30, Civil engineer...

We have been off gluten completely for about 2 months because my instincts after a good amount of research had me convinced that my DH had a Gluten Sensativity... Gluten be gone and his symptons are gone too! AMAZING!

I feel fairly prepared but the one thing I would love would be a meal planner? Does anyone have a template? I do better when I have things planned out for me so I don't have to think TOO much about what to eat and when....

Thanks in advance and I am excited to join the group!!

I am a Bridget,too, and lived in Maryland for 10 years-love it down there !

I am starting this journey with my husband as well, on the 17th.

I am just planning out my menus,but don't have a template at this time- just wingin' it !:)

Here's to a new, fresh start !

hi bridgets and others! i'm getting started today, 17th. have been mostly gf and df for the last 3 years, but experienced "the creep" over the last 6 months. time to get back to basics and rev up the body. so sluggish and sore knees coming down the stairs!

also been doing crossfit for the last few months and love it, but not happy with my progress. so time to shed some body weight and keep pushing.

know this won't be easy, but very excited to feel better!

Marcy

Hi fellow newbies! My name is Tami and I'm starting the program on Monday the 20th as well. I've participated in a Paleo challenge at my Crossfit gym before, and it was great! However, it ended in March, and during that time, my eating habits have slowly morphed into allowing way more non-Paleo items than I intended. Having done this before, I can say it takes a while to get used to, but then it is not such a big deal anymore. The hardest part is social outings, but remember it is only 30 days. That said, I really intend to make this a lifestyle to last much longer than 30 days, but telling yourself you can have whatever that thing is you are craving on September 19th if you still want it makes it not so hard to stick to the plan. Heck, I made it through my 40th birthday without one cheat in 8 weeks!

Good luck to you all, and I look forward to having this community as a support system! :)

Welcome to all and good luck. I'm winding down week 2 and loving it so far. Sugar cravings are up this week but that's no surprise for me, just pushing through until they disappear all together (I think given my addiction to sugar, it may take longer than 30 days but I'm prepared to go longer if necessary)

I am from Sydney and am starting my first ever whole30 tomorrow, on 20 August. Am very excited. Main goal to kick sugar cravings. Just had a week of indulgent eating st snow. Anticipating bad headaches! Let's stay in touch! Have stocked up on all the new staples.

Hi! I'm also starting 8/20. I've been thinking abt this for weeks, & seriously started planning once I finally got my hands on the ISWF book from the library on Friday. Really nervous now (Sunday pm) but don't want to back down. I know this is good for me. Just nervous because I've been mostly pescatarian for the past decade or more. I phased out grains/legumes mid-July when I first started reading abt Paleo. I've recently been diagnosed with Endometriosis & believe the key to my healing will start with food. Thanks for reading! Hope to get lots of motivation & support from this community!

I'm starting today - the 20th. I have the book, the Well Fed cookbook, the daily emails subscription and a decent amount of food prepped! I didn't do it all last night, so I will have to stop at the store to get a few more things, then work on that this evening.

I'm 37 and have been trying to go Paleo/Primal since February but haven't been able to commit 100%.

I'm really nervous about giving up my daily diet Mountain Dew, but I think I can tough out the rest of it. I'm worried about social situations and alcohol for the next month, but I don't have anything coming up right now, so I might just have to be a hermit for a month!

I can't wait to see what the changes are going to be in the next 30 days :)

Hi! I wanted to introduce myself to this group because I need some Whole 30 partners and support! I started on August 21 because I needed a day to shop and prep after our vacation. I am very excited for this journey and can't wait to kick my sugar addiction. I gave up my coffee before I started because I didn't want to deal with the headaches. I look forward to changing my habits and being a good role model for my family. How is everyone doing so far? I love the Whole 30 daily emails every morning! They are packed with information and I love pushing the I did it button at the end of the day!

Archived