Confused about reintroduction schedule

staceyvee

I completed Whole 30 yesterday. Yay Day 31! I feel great, but am a bit confused about reintroduction schedule. I believe I read that it was important to follow schedule as outlined, but I see the scheduled foods in different order in two places. Here http://whole30.com/step-two-finished and in today's Whole 30 Daily. IS it important which order I do this, or is it up to the individual?

The re-intro order is from least-potential-for-issues to greatest, so if you want to switch up the order it's recommended to give yourself a little extra time after the higher-potential stuff.

Source:

But what if something gluten-filled appears first—before legumes? We’ve created the reintroduction schedule in this specific order, going from food group least likely to mess you up (legumes) to most (gluten-grains). However, the order is really most important if you’re going to reintroduce all food groups in just ten days. If you decide to stretch it out longer, feel free to reintroduce out of order—but know that if dairy or gluten comes early in the process, you may need extra-extra days to recover.

http://whole30.com/2014/09/dear-melissa-slow-reintroduction-roll/

Unless this has changed in the new version of the book the reintroduction schedule is just an example. You can choose to introduce in whatever order as long as you leave a minimum of 2 compliant days in between. If you have a bad reaction to something we recommend staying compliant until you feel better again. You don't have to introduce anything you don't want to ever eat again. And you can choose to introduce things like different non-gluten grains on different days. This is your N1 experiment.

p.s. I'm moving this to the reintroduction section of the forum.

p.p.s. If you want to look at my introduction schedule from my first W30 it is near the front of my Post-W30 log (in signature)

Archived