Day 11 and Unhappy

rackap

I kind of feel like I'm stuck in a weird unhappy relationship. I'm resigned to the situation, and I'm not going to leave, but I'm definitely not happy to be here

First 4 days were fine, days 5 and 6 were incredibly hard, 7-9 were fine again, and yesterday was pretty bad.

Yesterday I woke up sooo dizzy I couldn't even move. The rest of the day was spent in a foggy, headachy haze, which didn't subside until I took Advil. (Bummer, because I'm already on two migraine preventatives.)

I feel hungry (and tired) a lot, even though I follow the meal template pretty well. I try to add more veggies to fill me up, but that doesn't seem to work.

My final issues is that I feel like this requires me to be a hermit, it's overwhelming and frustrating to try and go out to eat or drink.

Last weekend was incredibly difficult in terms of willpower, and I'm really worried about this weekend. I've gotten to the point where my brain intuitively knows what foods I can and cannot have, but I can always easily override that. 

Sorry you've been having a tough time.

You're at a point now where people commonly quit.  However, feeling dizzy to the extent you describe is not normal: I wonder if you're eating enough and/or drinking enough water?

If you like, post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including daily water consumption, nightly hours of sleep and your exercise routine, and folks here can give you feedback on possible tweaks. 

Thanks, I know I should be drinking about 120 ounces of water, and I definitely usually get about 60-80 ounces a day.

I don't necessarily think my dizziness was caused by W30 (migraines and inner ear/ balance stuff comes to mind) I guess it was just disappointing to get sick when I've been so healthy. 

I'm not concerned about eating too little, in fact, I am concerned that I'm eating too much, especially at dinner. I'll try and post the next few days on here. (Haven't kept a very careful log, so don't want to back-date.)

Breakfast today was 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil with 1-2 cups of fresh spinach cooked in, + 1/2 a bell pepper, and 1/2 cup coffee with coconut milk. Was going to have a sweet potato, but wasn't in the mood of eating it. 

Lunch will be salad with grilled chicken and avocado (lemon juice + EVOO), and maybe that sweet potato. :)

Dinner will be: meatballs (lean ground beef, eggs, drop of tapioca flour) in tomato sauce w/ spinach and compliant tomato sauce, over roasted spag. squash.

Exercise: 30 minutes on treadmill, moderate pace.

Sleep Last night: 8 hours

Based on what you've listed you are not eating enough protein for breakfast.  When using eggs as your protein you should eat as many eggs as you can hold in one hand.  If you cook 3 eggs and you find it is too much - pack it away for later and eat it as a mini meal.

Also from a personal note - Unless the salads are huge (think entire salad / or mixing bowl size) and have extra protein - they rarely keep me satiated for longer than 3 hours.  It's because we digest raw vegetables differently than cooked.  So yes if you chop up a boiled egg in your salad, or accompany it with a soup or something.

And something to keep in mind - yes it may see like a lot food - but remember it's just protein and vegetables.  There are very few "fillers" here. 

Guest Andria

What Carlaccini said! I was just going to comment that I would likely be starving on that amount of food you posted (and I am a small person)

Eat more!! That should hopefully help your hungry and tired feelings. Review the meal template.  You can increase protein from 1 palm serving to 2 and the thumb size amount of fat is just the minimum.

• 3 weeks later...

Day 28, and boy am I glad I stuck it out! :)

I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself till the end, but I couldn't help it. Combining Whole30 with a new gym/exercise routine has netted me about a 15 pound weight-loss. 

I'm less sleepy and lethargic, and have a lot more energy than I did before.

The one thing I am super sad it didn't help with- is my migraines.

I plan on taking a few days off to drink, and then getting back on a slightly modified Whole30 again. :)

I also started going out again, and realized that I can just sip water while everyone else is drinking, and I can order an annoying salad (no cheese, no croutons, no dressing) lemon juice and olive oil on the side, and eat with everyone else. So yay!

Archived