Unsure if I needed to start Whole30 over

catwon

Hi! I started Whole30 in the beginning of August but during my second week, I snacked more than I should have. Albeit on all Paleo things (nuts, fruit, animal protein) and didn't "cheat" on non-Paleo things or make Paleo pancakes or Paleo cupcakes, etc. I just had some moments where I was super craving just.. snacks.. crunchy or sweet and that's when I snacked even when I know I shouldn't and that's what I was trying to control for my own personal Whole30. I felt so guilty the next 4 days that I decided to start over at Day 0 again. I'm just here to ask whether or not I needed to and if that was in fact "cheating." Should I have just kept counting my days and finished August off? I mean, I started immediately clean again with trying not to snack and limiting my fruit/nut intake. But it just feels kinda sucky to be at Day 2 right now when I've been eating strictly 100% paleo for about a month. (I started strict paleo mid-July but started Whole30 August 1).

While the whole30 doesn't recommend snacking, the fact that you snacked on whole30 compliant foods means you didn't cheat-but that's just my opinion. I think you could have kept going. You did a good job getting it under control. Don't beat yourself up-you made a change and you are still doing something really good for yourself! Keep it up!

Nope, you didn't need to start over!

It's great that you recognized what you were doing, but remember that we're trying to break you of unhealthy psychological responses to food as well, and food guilt falls into that category of stuff. You're doing great! Hopefully this is a long term lifestyle for you, so the extra days don't matter one way or the other, but I would absolutely keep counting from when you started!

Archived