Starting the Whole30 on Monday, October 13, 2014!

McIvor88

Hey there,

I am a 31 (almost 32) year old female that works a lot, stays fairly active but due to my busy lifestyle I haven't paid as much attention to my diet as I should. My parents both have health issues and I am determined to not go down that path.

With that said, I have made the decision to do the Whole30 challenge starting on Monday (10/13/2014)! This is a big step for myself because like many other people on here, I love my coffee (with creamer) and have not paid as much attention to ingredients as I should. I was in the best shape of my life while living in Korea for a year and I base it solely on the food not being processed.

I want to be happy with my body, happy with lifestyle and healthy. Thank you for offering this option and I will continue to document my progress.

Kind Regards,

Heidi

post-54429-0-73216900-1412960850_thumb.j

Hello Heidi!

I have also decided to begin the Whole 30 challenge on 10/13. I find we have a lot of similarities in our challenges and our desired goals. I have found myself getting more negligent about what I put in my body, and really want to take better care of myself. I am very motivated to complete this challenge and to feel stronger, healthier, and happier. I hope that we can help each other along with others to achieve our goals! Let's do this!

Today is Day 7 for me and I can tell my body is feeling and getting better EVERY day now.  Sounds so silly, but I promise it's WORTH it!  I'm using Coconut Milk in my coffee now without ANY hesitation.  It took a day or two but now I like the taste!  WHO KNEW!

You GOT this and Best of luck!!!

Cyndi

Hey everyone, tomorrow is the big day! I spent the evening watching football and eating a very unhealthy last meal of chicken wings while cooking for my adventure! I made vegetable muffin fritattas for this week's breakfasts, roasted brussel sprouts, mashed sweet potatoes, and baked fish for lunch, and chicken and veggie curry for dinner. I also cut what felt like a million different veggies to have on hand and made my own almond milk for emergencies (super easy!) I am so excited to get this going!!!! Let me know what you all are making and any suggestions you have!

So proud of all of you 30 somethings improving your lifestyle!  I agree with Tinman57, I am on day 6 and I can see a difference. It is worth it!  I am almost 62 and I don't even remember options like this when I was in my 30s. You have an exciting part of your life in front of you, make the best of it!!! 

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Hey guys!  I also started today.  I haven't told any of my friends or family (though I'm sure they'll figure it out pretty quickly with my dietary changes ;)  I gained 20lbs this past year due to dietary changes and I feel the difference.  I'm more tired than I used to be, I have aches and pains that I never had before and I'm tired of it!  Additionally, my beloved 12 year old dog Bree had seizures last week and I was told that she either had a stroke or a brain tumor...  If it's a brain tumor she has 2-3 months left.  I want to make sure that I'm the healthiest possible for her for the remainder of our time together.  It will also be good for me to have something to focus on... So I'm doing this for Bree and myself :)  I'd love to keep this thread going so that we can all check in on eachother

Hey everyone, tomorrow is the big day! I spent the evening watching football and eating a very unhealthy last meal of chicken wings while cooking for my adventure! I made vegetable muffin fritattas for this week's breakfasts, roasted brussel sprouts, mashed sweet potatoes, and baked fish for lunch, and chicken and veggie curry for dinner. I also cut what felt like a million different veggies to have on hand and made my own almond milk for emergencies (super easy!) I am so excited to get this going!!!! Let me know what you all are making and any suggestions you have!

How did you make your almond milk?  I just started today too, and I'm sort of sad I can't buy almond milk from the store =( but if I can find a way to make it, I think it will be okay!

Archived