11 Days in and my jaw and temples are killing me 2pm everyday now!!!

I started the whole 30 on the 13th so now I am 11 days in and since Monday of this week my jaw and temples start aching every day at around 2pm.  Almost exactly.  It is really weird because if I take some Advil the pain subsides and goes away until the next day at 2pm.  I am eating crazy clean and working out every day.  Has anyone else ever dealt with this?

I agree with Meadow this is a definite symptom of jaw clamping and stress. 

Try a little self massage in the jaw joint and temples with some oil (olive or coconut is fine) mixed with any essential oils you have (lavender would be great, or peppermint for your temples)

We hold an amazing amount of stress in there. 

Karmically I've been told by an energy worker that its where we hold the energy from smack talk and gossip!!

Gotta release that!

I certainly wouldn't say that I am chewing more meat.  I think it has to to with how much stress I have been under.  I also I used to run through a LOT of 5 hour energy drinks every week.  I never drank coffee almost ever.  Then this morning I tried a cold pressed organic coffee drink... My heart is racing and I am just short of an anxiety attack.  I just don't think I was aware of how many things besides sugar I was seriously reliant on.  I used to drink several nights a week which I no longer do...  I am not going to stop the diet, I think I am still in full detox mode.  I am sure that it is going to start getting easier in the next few days.  I look forward to that.  I'm 33 and a former collegiate athlete and military contractor.  i have done much harder things than this, and obviously my body BADLY needed a whole sale change.  No longer drinking has brought back PTSD social anxiety issues that I have had since returning home from contracting work.  It's not going to be easy and I knew that.  The jaw stuff just caught me really off guard.  I am sure it will improve.  Thank you all very much for your feed back and recommendations.  Riding this dragon until she lands I suppose.  I think because of how easy the first week seemed this second week and the withdrawal that I feel is jarring.

Thank you for sharing your age.    If you were over 50,  I was going to tell you to go to the doctor.   My mother has had 2 heart attacks.   Her symptoms were jaw and neck pain...and shooting pains up the side of her face.  She has stress/ hypertension brought on by being the major caretaker of a disabled vet...my Paw.

Archived