Day 1

Danielle Reeve

My sister called me on Wednesday night, and instead of our usual banter back and forth about our weightloss, and fitness journeys. I've lost 100 lbs thus far (190 to go) and she's training for a half marathon - so we usually have a lot to talk about. This time, she told me about Whole30. She said she was going to do it, and wanted a support partner because she was still struggling with cravings. I have attachments to food as well, and after reading about the plan on the website, I was sold!

So here I am, officially on day 1 of the program - but I started eating correctly yesterday. I'm feeling really good so far, and can't wait to see where I am in 29 more days.

I'm trusting this process.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Thanks!

HI Danielle :) That's so great doing this together with your sister! My sister and her husband, who live a several states away from me, started after I recommended the book, when I was about a week from finishing my W30. It has been awesome having someone to share recipes and ideas with, to compare notes with, and share successes/challenges. And it's really nice having someone who totally *gets* what I'm doing (most people don't really understand, even if they are supportive). Have fun with this, it is quite a journey, and 100% worth the effort!

Congrats on your weight loss! I am on day 7 and have about 60lbs to lose. I felt pretty crappy in the beginning however I was eating pretty bad beforehand. I feel good now, a little sluggish. Good luck on your journey!

Hi Dani,

Wow, what a journey you've been on already! Congratulations on the weight you've lost so far!

That irritation and annoyance is normal for where you are in the Whole 30 journey; the good news is that it won't last long! Did you subscribe to the Whole30 Daily? I find that daily dose of information and encouragement to be very helpful. You might also want to check out The Timeline: A Day-by-Day Guide to Your Whole 30

Keep on keeping on, and check back in here to let us know how it goes!

kaye

Archived