Pumpkin recipes please

EleanorB

Hi Everyone,

I went a bit pumpkin/squash mad and now have a glut of different varieties.  I am looking for inspiration of what to do with them other than roasting them or turning them into soup.  I had a look on google but most recipes seem to be for sweet treats... even paleo ones... which as we all know is a W30 no no!

So, does anyone have any good pumpkin recipes they can share?

Thanks,

Eleanor

I know you said other than soup, but PaleoPot's roasted pumpkin coconut soup is foodtastic.  I roasted the pumpkin for 40 minutes and subbed chipotle flakes for the red pepper flakes.  It comes out sort of like a heartier, smokier version of Indian lentil soup.  You control the thickness by how much pumpkin you use.  I go with the standard 4 cups.

It's 10 minutes of prep, six and a half hours cooking, oven and slow cooker combined.

Pumpkin (diced or puréed) mixes into casseroles, stews, etc nicely. I made beef chili in the crockpot yesterday and mixed a can of pumpkin purée in before serving. It helps to thicken it up and only slightly alters the chili flavor. I'm going to try mixing some into my homemade spaghetti meat sauce next week!

Archived