Poooooooop

Okay, so this is gross, but I have to know if it's normal. I'm on Day 6 of Whole 30 and I feel really good. The only thing is that it's like I'm on a colon cleanse all the time. I deposit some sort of toxic waste in the toilet at least twice a day.
Is this normal? Does it persist throughout the 30 days? If not, when can I expect it to stop?

• Administrators

Your pewping habits are likely to change anytime you change your diet. Whole30 involves a lot of bulk in the form of veggies and the extra fat can also impact your toilet production.

Try posting a few days worth of food including timing and fluids and folks here can take a look and advise if there are any modifications you might want to make to avoid having to burn down your house by the halfway point. ;)

• Moderators

Medical guidance I consulted said pooping anywhere from every other day to three times per day is normal. Not going every day would be abnormal to me, but going two or three times per day is normal. But as ladyshanny noted, when you change your eating, you are likely to change your pooping too. What you are experiencing is probably okay, you are just not used to it. And you may find that your body becomes more regular with a little more time. 

Archived