Compliant Deli Turkey

laurenjessany

I've seen a bunch of Whole30 recipes on line that include compliant deli turkey - it would be SUCH a huge help to have access to a protein that doesn't require preparation.  Any recommendations for brands or stores with compliant turkey?  I live in San Francisco, and would be happy to order online if need be.

ingredients vary by region even in national brands, so I'm afraid you will have to read labels until you find one. One tip, though: the packaged turkey is more likely to be non-compliant (usually containing carrageenan). The turkey at the deli counter (even the same brand) might be ok. Ask the deli counter-person to let you read the ingredients on the big roasted breast they slice from. good luck!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Whole foods has roasted turkey breast at their salad bar.  The ingredients are listed as turkey, salt.  Its not sliced but rather cubed.  However, for the $ its actually cheaper than sliced packaged stuff (like Applegate, which isn't compliant anyway).  If you really wanted to be sure you can ask at the counter I guess.  

Archived