Day 20, headaches every day

hi folks,

question for you: I'm on day 20 of my first whole30 and I've really been enjoying it. Nothing magical has happened for me, but I'm leaner, eating more veggies and just thankful to be more in control of my bad emotional ties to food. My concern? I'm getting frequent headaches, daily I would say. Theyre not severe but come and go. It's not bad enough that I even take Tylenol, but it's a bit odd to me. Hard to troubleshoot, I guess, but any ideas?

I'll lump this one in, too: I am pretty sure I'm eating plenty, but I still feel like I'm dragging each day. No surge of energy. Maybe it will take longer, which is fine...ive already decided to make it a whole60...but energy is one thing I could use more of. Again, ideas? My meals regularly look like this:

Breakfast:

2 eggs with sausage or bacon, spinach/onions/garlic, spoonful of coconut milk, 1/2 sweet potato with coconut butter, black coffee, maybe berries but not often

Lunch:

Leftover dinner (chili or meat and veggie plate) OR big salad with chicken/tuna, homemade mayo, lots of veggies and olive oil dressing...handful of macadamia nuts here and there

Dinner:

Typically a whole30 recipe, like chili, grilled chicken, pork or seafood with a spinach salad or veggies and mashed cauli or sweet potato fries.

I'm excellent about not snacking and not overdoing it with fruit or nuts. Barely have nut butter, maybe once per week. Not hungry between meals.

Thanks!

Jen

Are you drinking enough water? I'm having headaches too, but think it's about hydration because I haven't been consistenly good about that. If they continue past the point when I have made good hydration habit, then I will be mystified too!

What does your coffee/caffeine intake look like - not just amount, but timing?

Something I discovered during my last Whole30 is that, when I'm eating squeaky clean, caffeine and I do not get along after about 11 am. Instant headache - and I don't get headaches. Nothing crazy, just a dull ache.

Not sure if that's relevant to you, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

Something I discovered during my last Whole30 is that, when I'm eating squeaky clean, caffeine and I do not get along after about 11 am. Instant headache - and I don't get headaches. Nothing crazy, just a dull ache.

Hi Robin - do you get the same results with decaff coffee? I've been more headachey too and wondering about ditching coffee for the rest of the Whole30, but love the taste so wondering if switching to decaff would do the trick.

Funny, the last few weeks I have been "feeling" my coffee more than usual. I've been drinking the same amount and type for years, but recently it seems to be making me a little anxious and headachy. Interesting to know I'm not alone in this!

Archived