Kidney Stones....anyone else?!

cindys

I haven't had much luck with this diet.  I was recently hospitalized for a kidney stone.  Pathology showed the stone was 100% calcium oxalate.  When I looked up the foods that are high in oxalate I saw all the foods that I am eating on this diet !  Carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, beet greens, collard greens, nuts, leeks, spinach.....  I am so frustrated at this point.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

• 1 year later...

I just finished my 3rd round of whole 30.   I had kidney stones my 2nd and 3rd round.   I'm almost 40 and never had them before.   Now that I have gotten them 2 out of 3 Whole 30's, I am convinced it is not right for my body.  Super frustrating, but certainly not worth the risk of another ER visit, or being put on more antibiotics (for the UTi's the bladder stone caused!) :(  I've being doing a lot of research and have found that eating Paleo based diets can cause kidney stones.   Some of us don't process increased animal protein as well. I'd love to continue on WHole 30 and find the right balance for myself but I don't know how to do that without risking more kidney stones and bladder infections. 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Cindys

Yes I had the same problem after my second whole30 ....two stones and a bladder infection ...excruciating pain!  I did drink water although probably not enough and when I came off whole30 I carried on with the cashews and boiled eggs ...so not on a proper balanced diet ...I now make sure I eat three proper meals a day ...by the way Apple Cider Vinegar got rid of my stones super quick after I had been on a five day course of antibiotics ...in all not a pleasant experience

Archived