Beginning on January 2nd, anyone want to join me?

tkuryliw

I am so unbelievably nervous to start this program, and to be honest, just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

I have really horrible eating habits. I struggled with an eating disorder, and I have been able to mostly recover from it, but I still yo yo sometimes- especially with binging and sometimes purging. I really really want to eat well, and feel good about myself, but I'm terrified of letting myself down.

Any ideas on how to get rid of any pre whole 30 jitters (or tears? haha). I want to be healthy, and change my lifestyle and body image, which is why Im so interested in this program!

• Moderators

It's normal to be a little nervous when you're starting something new. It really is doable, though. Try to focus on the things you can have, not on the things you can't. You can have eggs, meat, fish, any vegetables you want, fruit, nuts, avocados, olives -- you really do have a lot of options.

I would recommend reading these articles about doing a Whole30 with an eating disorder, because it can be a little more challenging than it is for people who haven't had to deal with one: this one and this one. You can also google Whole30 eating disorder to find past discussions in the forum. 

Hi,everyone! Going to start Jan 2nd and hoping my fiance will join me. I know that it says not to start this before a major life event, but I actually have gained ten pounds since getting engaged on top of the weight I already wanted to lose. I can't even fathom the idea of trying on wedding dresses right now...

I am in! Doing solo in my house will be my biggest challenge. The hubs thinks it is goofy and the kids (man-children still at home) will not even notice. Not a huge fan of veggies, but there are a few that are ok, just hope I don't get sick of them!

Not a huge fan of veggies, but there are a few that are ok, just hope I don't get sick of them!

Herbs, spices and compliant fats are your friend in making veggies taste yummy.  Experiment and have fun! (I'm personally addicted to roasted root vegetables: cube vegetables, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast on a cookie sheet for about an hour.)

Maybe set a goal for yourself of rotating in at least one new vegetable a week during your Whole30?

Here are some helpful resources to give you ideas:

-  Whole30 Shopping List

-  Whole30 Seasonal Produce Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks GFChris!  The veggies I do like, I generally grill, but I do like the idea of trying a new veggie each week.  Delayed my start date to 1/5 due to a variety of events over the weekend, which I know I will have to learn to deal with, but thought it would be easier for me to start during the week (work week) with fewer temptations...spending this afternoon cooking for meals to take to work!

Hi,everyone! Going to start Jan 2nd and hoping my fiance will join me. I know that it says not to start this before a major life event, but I actually have gained ten pounds since getting engaged on top of the weight I already wanted to lose. I can't even fathom the idea of trying on wedding dresses right now...

Wedding photos can be a powerful motivator -- good luck!

I started Jan. 2nd so today is day 3. I am also going solo in my house. My husband thinks I'm crazy and until he's on board I won't be able to get my two littles to avoid the ice cream either! Wish me luck!

I woke up feeling totally horrible this morning. Shaky, light headed, down right miserable. After a good clean breakfast and lunch I am now surviving the day and hoping tomorrow morning I will be off to a better start!

Archived