Started (sort of) and Starting - Today! Spelt?

vickicon

I started my own version of clean eating the day after Christmas, but I'm going to start this one specifically January 1st.  I started a blog on blogspot.com to document my journey.  Good way to go public and good way to get all my thoughts down, so some of you may want to do this also.  I found a recipe for spelt bread that has no added sugar or yeast and just made two loaves.  Spelt wasn't listed on the first page of "No" I read.  Can I still eat my bread?  

P.S. I know my "title" says starting today, but I realize I need to do the "prepare" stage.  I bought a bunch of stuff to do the one starting the day after Christmas that are "no's" on this so I'm making it January 1st with many of you.

• Moderators

Welcome!

And to answer your bread question, for two reasons, no.

One, spelt is a grain and all grains are out. Here's a quick explanation why.

Second, we refer to paleofied versions of your old favorites around here as sex with your pants on (SWYPO), and they're also out for the duration of your Whole 30. Read more about it here.

Thanks for the reply, and, yes, as soon as I started reading further I realized it was a no!  It's so good, too!   :( One more question that I haven't yet found the answer to.  What kind of dressing, if anything, is allowed on salads?  

What kind of dressing, if anything, is allowed on salads?  

Anything made from compliant fats and seasonings.  Your best bet is home-made, as it's tricky to find compliant bottled dressings (although Tessemae's has a lot of compliant options).

Many folks make olive oil-based dressings, or dressings made from homemade mayo

Fresh-squeezed lemon works in many cases also.

Archived