First Strep Throat on the Whole 30

CassieS

I'm experiencing my first strep throat on the Whole 30. I'm having a heck of a time eating eggs, veggies, and oranges rather than the entire loaf of gluten free toast I am used to eating when sick. Somehow when I am sick and staying home from work, it greenlights me to eat loads of crap. So this time I'm actually eating good foods and hopefully will experience getting better quicker. Anyone have any good "sick" recipes that are Whole 30 compliant? (and easy because cooking does not sound fun right now.)

• Administrators

Aw, sucky news!  Strep throat is BRUTAL, I speak from experience!  The absolute best thing you can do is sleep/rest and take fluids.  Bone broth is one of the most healing substances on the planet and is easily accomplished with some bones, some alliums/celery, some ACV and a large pot.

Eating that toast isn't going to make you feel any better, especially if you are sensitive to it, it just directs your body's attentions away from where they need to be.

Check this post on the Whole9 website, an oldie but a goodie: http://whole9life.com/2011/02/stm-feed-a-cold/

Archived