I can do this

alfiebookshop

Started Friday 2nd January 2015. My heaviest weight yet! 11stone 6lb!

Before starting I feel bloated, have constant fuzzy headache and have zero energy. I have suffered with Autoimmune disorders, IBS and Asthma for a number of years so am really hopefully the whole30 will help all or some of these issues.

Day 1 banging headache by early evening, so much so I couldn't face dinner. Probably detoxing fom the numerous cups of tea, mince pies, and chocolate I've been consuming the past week.

Day 2

Woke up with a slight headache and freezing today.

Egg, compliant bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast which was very nice. Also tried a green smoothie hmmm that will take some getting used to - a bit thick for my liking, one of those texture issues rather than taste.

Have homemade turkey broth soup planned for lunch and turkey curry with wedges for dinner - yes the freezer is full of leftover Christmas produce.

Headache has finally gone yippee. Back to work today after 2 week break and I didn't kill anyone, so all good.

Loellovely hash for breakfast, very hot chilli for lunch and leftover roast beef and tons of veg for dinner, all lovely.

Absolutely no cravings so far, despite everyone bringing their leftover goodies into work. I love that this isn't calorie controlled, that just doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello and good luck with your second go round! I'm in it for more energy, too.

Just saw that you mentioned magnesium supplements earlier and wanted to ask if you'd tried epsom salt baths? Magnesium absorbs well through the skin and I find an epsom salt bath makes me very sleepy! Holland and Barrett have a couple of different brands. 

How's it going Loulabelle, it's quite tough isn't ? So determined though. I'm not sure I'm liking the recommendation to eat lots of liver mind. I've made hidden liver meatloaf fo my lunches this week and despite being made with beef & pork mince too, the overriding taste was liver. I'll survive though.

I must take more Epsom baths, I usually have showers during the week and have Epsom baths on the weekends. It should really be the other way round because I stress out during the week. I buy my Epsom in bulk 10k boxes via Amazon.

Good luck both

Hey Alfie, all is good. It is tough to begin with but as you get into the swing of AIP it gets easier. I haven't been eating liver, I've actually never tried it but I really should. 

What do you take the Epsom baths for? Is it for the magnesium? I use magnesium oil for that, I add a little lavender essential oil to it then rub it into the soles of my feet when I go to bed. It has stopped my feet cramps and i think it helps me to sleep better. 

Good tip on Amazon, thanks! Cheaper than H&B for sure... I've seen they have the oil too but haven't used it.

This recipe converted me into a liver eater. It used to literally make me gag. Now I make this regularly and love it. (Lovely with some swede instead of toast!)

EDIT: sorry, I don't think the recipe I linked to is AIP compliant with all the spices, apologies! Anyway I think the way to go with liver is to combine with strong flavours which balance it out.

AIP can definitely feel tough. I found it easiest to focus on very simple meals I could eat over and over. It can be boring but a lot of the complicated AIP recipes were too much work for too little pay off. I did like an AIP "curry" on Paleo Mom that I still put on chicken even though I'm not doing strict AIP this round.

If you haven't found it yourself, Paleo Mom is an amazing resource.

Thank Loulabelle and Ytu, I have to admit I failed the AiP already! I've reverted to just whole 30. I found it just to restrictive to cope with plus husband prepares a lot of meals during the week and I could sense his frustration despite him supporting me 100%.

I'm going to stick with whole 30 and maybe try some meditation to sort out my inner stress junkie!

Archived