Aftershock

lacer212

I started this challenge for many reasons, but one is that I am getting married in 2 mos and want to look and feel awesome on my wedding day! I started the challenge 10 days ago, because I figured there is no use in putting it off any longer. So far, I have been doign great and I am really surprised to have gained my willpower back!

What I didn't realize is that my 30 challenge ends 3 days before my weekend bachelorette getaway in New Orleans. I've never been to NOLA before and I plan on drinking and eating quite a bit during my stay. After reading this forum, I am really nervous that my body will be in shock and I am going to spend the weekend with a serious stomach ache. Not quite the bachelorette party I imagined!

So what are your thoughts....Will I be okay? Should I end a little earlier and reboot for a full 30 days when I return? I really plan on adapting to this eating style, but I think that weekend may have to be an exception!

• Moderators

Not everyone feels bad when they go off-plan. I never felt bad after eating anything, but did have trouble with diarrhea the day after I ate 2 scoops of chocolate mint ice cream at an American Idol concert. Other forms of dairy that I've had occasionally have not been a problem, so maybe it was just a bug that caused the problem I did have.

Two days after I finished my Whole30, I attended a friend's wedding. I had 4-5 glasses of red wine, a piece of bruschetta with wonderful toasted bread, a little bit of quinoa, a big pile of barbequed pork with sugar-laden BBQ sauce, and THREE pieces of pie. I didn't get a stomach ache or a headache, but did experience some intense cravings the next day. I've eaten almost 100% W30 since then, except for a glass or two of wine most nights, and one "reintroduce dairy" day a few days ago (which also went fine).

This is so great to hear! I've never had a sensitive stomach so I was hoping for the best, but some other's reintroduction posts were making me nervous. Looking forward to finishing this challenge and still being able to enjoy some new orleans cuisine after! :)

Archived