coconut milk

TriciaLo14

• Administrators

Is it solid because it's still frozen?  I would think eventually it'll come to room temperature.  If it's solid because the milk fat separated from the water, you can throw it in a blender/magic bullet and buzz it with the water in the can and it'll come back together. 

• Moderators

Turn your oven on low (200 degrees or so). Put the can in there for about 10-15 minutes (as it heats up). Use a hot pad -- when it gets warm, it should shake loose just a bit. You could also put the can in some very hot water.  Shake it up well, then open. It will probably still need a little blending.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, I thought the same thing --- I'd put some leftover coconut milk in a jar in the freezer, and had it out to thaw for a long ass time ... took the lid off and it was still solid and I was like WTF?? Then I poked a spoon through it and realized it was just a thick top layer that had separated out, so I stirred it up.  Still kinda "granular" but it worked fine in my awesome curry.

I dump my separated can of coconut milk into my Pyrex 4 cup measuring pitcher thing.  Then I stick the immersion blender in and turn up to high until I get this lovely creamy foamy stuff.  It goes in my coffee and It's almost exactly like a latte.  Decadent, really!  Best of all is that is retains this consistency when refrigerated for the next week.  Whole 30 has taught me this and I will never go back to regular ol' H&H in my coffee!

• Administrators

I dump my separated can of coconut milk into my Pyrex 4 cup measuring pitcher thing.  Then I stick the immersion blender in and turn up to high until I get this lovely creamy foamy stuff.  It goes in my coffee and It's almost exactly like a latte.  Decadent, really!  Best of all is that is retains this consistency when refrigerated for the next week.  Whole 30 has taught me this and I will never go back to regular ol' H&H in my coffee!

AND, every cup of coffee you have with coconut milk in it is like something extra nice you're doing for yourself because "More than half the medium-chain fatty-acids found in coconut milk are lauric acid — the immune-boosting anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-microbial so vital to human health"

Archived