Keeping protein under 20 %

Hi. I have a question in reference to the ISWF recommendation of pregnant women keeping their protein intake under 20 % of total energy. In my case this would probably mean about 100 g of protein a day. I get about this much from following the meal template for my breakfast, lunch and dinner (say 3 eggs with bacon for brekkie, 5 oz meat/fish for lunch & dinner).

As I'm pregnant I read snack are allowed (and I really feel like I need them to keep the nausea away). So would it be better not to add a protein source for my snacks in order to keep the daily protein a bit lower than usual? Just stick to veggies, fruit and fat for the snacks?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how the experts would feel, but I do that!  I think the idea is to use more fat to fill up rather than protein.  My snack might be carrot sticks and sunshine sauce or half an avocado with salsa.  Sometimes I have some nuts, too.  I also occasionally have a piece of fruit with a snack, which is not the best idea, but I am doing the best I can to manage at 32 weeks pregnant. 

Archived