Throbbing Headache & Body Aches

Hi All -

I'm on day 3 of my whole30, I had little to no issues on the first two days but today I woke up to the biggest headache and my arms were so sore I had a hard time blow drying my hair.

As today as gone by, my body aches have subsided, but I still have a horrible headache. 

Day 1 Meals -

Breakfast - Egg, onions, peppers and salsa lettuce wrap. 1/2 and apple

Snack - Rest of apple and some almond butter

Lunch - Chicken Salad

Dinner - Salad with mustard chicken breaded with coconut flour.

Day 2 -

Breakfast - Egg, onions, peppers and salsa. and an cutie

Snack - Banana chips & almond butter

Lunch - Chicken Salad

Dinner - Salmon and Broccoli

Day 3 (So far) -

Breakfast - Strawberry, Bananna and Orange Smoothie (I know, but I was running late this morning) & 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch - Chicken Salad added avacado & few pieces of bacon

Please help.  Thanks,

Lauren

post-50445-0-06159600-1421442810_thumb.p

post-50445-0-57128700-1421442825_thumb.p

• Moderators

Eat enough according to the Meal Template recommendations. One egg is not enough protein, you'll want the number you can hold in your hand. For most people this is 3 or 4.

Pay attention to your sleep - are you getting enough? Drink more water than usual. Manage your stress.

I would recommend you add a carb heavy vegetable at least one meal per day, or more. Sweet potato, winter squash, beets, rutabaga, carrots ... Salads are great but don't have a lot of holding power. Try to forgo the snacks. If you are really, really hungry (hungry enough that you could eat steamed broccoli and fish) then eat a mini meal with protein and veggies and a little fat.

I have been eating 3 eggs in the morning and 3 or 4 strips of chicken in my salad at lunch, I'm only 5'0 and 120 lbs, so my hands are fairly small. :)  I think I'm complient here. :)

I usual sleep around 7 hours a night, but have been making sure I get 8 since I started.  If I need more sleep, I'll be able to get it in the next 2 days as this will be easier over the weekend!

I'll pay attention closer attention to my water -- I have had a few glasses a day but could be drinking more.

Bought more veggies today!  So I'll be sure to add in those suggestions (and learn how to cook beets).

Thanks for all you support -- gonna go home, cook & rest.

• Administrators

That does not look like a whole heck of a lot of food to me.  You need 2-4 cups of veggies per meal, more if it is salad greens.  

I second what Ultrarunner said about the carb-veggie and I would also add that you don't appear to be getting a lot of fat in your meals.  Are you relying on the fat in your foods?  You could probably do with an additional fat added like avocado, a drizzle of sesame oil, some olives or some homemade mayo.  Your body needs nutrients to function and in the absence of the starchy carbs we want to train it to look to fat for fuel.

I also second the elimination of the fruit and fat snacks.  Those can contribute to your headache because they are keeping your blood sugar levels fluctuating more than they should be.  

Check the template that Ultrarunner linked you to and see if you can bump yourself up to the middle of it for fat and protein...and then of course add more veg.

Archived