Day 13 and starving!!!!!

Nell18

I'm on day 13 today and for the past 2-3 days I have been starving!!!

Up until then I've been doing ok, no cravings as such, no terrible headaches just a bit of tiredness (maybe it's karma for having the first 10 days being so easy!)

But now I am starving!!!!!

I would imagine I'm not eating enough but I've stopped when I felt full. However within 2 hours I'm hungry again, and not just a little.

Last night we had a prawn stir fry, with coconut cream. Within 2 hrs I felt hungry and after 3 I couldn't take it anymore and ended up eating something.

This morning I've had 3 boiled eggs with salmon, sugar snap peas and carrots.

That was just about 2 hrs ago and I'm already hungry now.

What am I doing wrong????

• Moderators

It would be helpful if you posted a few days' worth of food with eyeballed amounts so we could help you troubleshoot. It's possible that you're not eating enough. You might need more fat or protein or veg. You can pretty much always increase the volume of veg for satiety. And how's your intake of starchy veg such as potato, sweet potato, winter squash, beets, etc.? Some people are unnecessarily carb phobic and do more harm than good by undereating these kinds of very satisfying foods.

Where are you in your cycle? Many if not most menstruating women find themselves ravenous in the week leading up to their period and need to increase their food, especially starchy carbs. And personally, I crave red meat then, so I have plenty of that.

Bottom line, though: you should never go hungry on W30. If you're hungry, eat. Eat to template. If you're hungry between meals, consider eating more at mealtime. But please do post a few days of what you've eaten and we'll give you some feedback.

Ok, to give you an idea of what I ate on the days I was so hungry:

Friday- meal 1: sweet potato hash fried with onion and a tomato with a fried egg on top.

Meal 2: chicory with sugar snap peas, smoked salmon and half an avocado with some mayonnaise

Meal 3: beef mince cooked with onion an carrot ( 4 large spoon fills) with side serving of broccoli

Saturday - meal 1: 4-5 sweet potato wedges cooked in coconut oil, half an avocado, sugar snap peas and a boiled egg with some mayo

Meal 2- left over mince from Friday with 4 sweet potato wedges

Meal 3 - prawn stir fry with bok choi, coconut cream, carrot, onion and sugar snap peas

Had a snack about 3 hrs after dinner of 1 tomato with olive oil and some olives.

The only exercise I'm doing is walking the dog every day for an hour. I do feel a little hungry when I come back from that, although I normally have a fruit tea with lemon to stop that. It's not a massive brisk walk, I've only got a basset hound ;-)

• Moderators

A serving of eggs, when they are your only protein, is as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand, which is typically at least three. Try increasing that in your breakfast.

Try to increase the amount of vegetables at your meals so that you're having at least two cups of cooked, or even more if they're raw leafy green stuff.

It's okay to eat more, really. You want to nourish your body and provide it all the nutrients that it needs to perform at its very best.

• Moderators

Ok, thank you, I'll try to increase the amount.

I've stopped so afar when I felt full. I take it my body isn't giving me the right signals yet?

It could be that the volume of other food you're eating at meal 1 is giving you the satiety signal but the fact that you're only eating about 1/3 to 1/4 the amount of protein you need to keep you satisfied until your next is the reason you're getting hungry. Also, make sure that you're eating at least a palm-sized portion of protein at your other meals as well as 2-3 cups of cooked veg and 1-2 thumb sized portions of fat.

It's just a matter of tweaking the template and figuring out what works best for you within that framework. You're not necessarily doing anything "wrong" and your body isn't responding improperly. Take it easy on yourself and keep experimenting. You'll get there!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived