Do we need to start again?

My husband and I really need some advice/opinions! We are on day 20 of our Whole30, after an initial misfire, we re-started after the first week after finding out bacon has sugar .... boooo! We've been going great guns and have stuck to the rules perfectly but tonight had some cashews and realised they tasted a bit different to the dry roasted ones we normally buy, looked at the packet and of course, they were roasted in vegetable oil! We have been so diligent with label checking, this was a honest mistake and we were both horrified when we realised ..... So the big question is, is this cause for a re-start? I personally thought not but I wanted to put it to the Whole30 community. Thank you :)

OP, if I understand correctly, you guys DID restart after the bacon incident right? Your question now is about the veggie oil?

Veggie oil sucks and we tell you to avoid it all costs, mainly because it is SO ubiquitous, you're bound to ingest some of it anyway without knowing/trying. So luckily you've found one of the only W30 loopholes! It's discouraged, but not expressly forbidden.

Keep going!!

Archived